Setlists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
How do you think they ACTUALLY go about choosing their setlists.

Obviously they include 5 or 6 from their latest album, but then do they each choose their favourites, or is it done by consensus or what?

It would explain how some songs like Bullet the Blue Sky for example has managed to survive for ages, even though it's not an obvious time beater like streets or one.

I imagine what they do is select the new songs, then the classics people are going to come to hear (One, Streets, et cetera), and the songs that they consider to work extremely well live (UTEOTW, Bullet). I'd imagine that they would try to work in some songs that they enjoy, but ... that would be hard. I don't envy U2 designing their setlists, considering how huge their back catalogue is.

I think that Larry and Adam have always wanted to shake things up, but its BONO holding them up for good reason. His voice may not be able to tolerate the demands of certain songs that he could sing before.

snutes1 said:
I think that Larry and Adam have always wanted to shake things up, but its BONO holding them up for good reason. His voice may not be able to tolerate the demands of certain songs that he could sing before.

I would actually imagine Adam and Edge would be the ones attempting to shake up sets. Isn't Larry's back in bad shape? He'd want the least strenuous set possible.

Back
Top Bottom