Setlist Virgins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Seeing as there are so few shows on the opening leg, i've put serious thought into not reading any of the setlists of the previous show so that every song will be a surprise... normaly there would be no way i could do it... i'd give in by the 10th show... but seeing as there's only gonna be like 20 shows on this first leg (after the rollover dates are adde), i'm thinking i might be able to hold out.

what'cha think?

I was just talking about this last night; I think it will be VERY VERY hard b/c it's going to be all over interference and other places, but I would like to try to hold out until Philly....

I thought about doing that until I realised that I wouldn't be, about 50 seconds later

That is one of my biggest reasons for going to San Diego. I had to pick a show in the first week to attend, since I figured I could wait a week at most.

I would dearly love to not read anything, but considering I'm going to shows late on the first leg, I don't think I could avoid the sets even if I tried.

Going to the San Jose show(s)......so I'll wait out the week or so.....might as well be a surprise.

During Popmart and Elevation I HATED the fact that I knew (basically) what they were going to play, and the order.

This tour I will NOT look at any setlists or tour info until my show in Seattle. This will mean I will have to avoid interference during that time as well.

But I want it to be a complete surprise.

Someone will post the rehersal lists by the time March 28 comes around and ther will be no surprises, alarms maybe, but no surprises.

After watching the Making of Vertigo vid, and hearing Bono say that he doesnt think they're gonna leave any number out, just rotate the songs on different days, that gets me excited!

You guys think U2 know how vanilla they've gotten with their setlist? U2 has to discuss this in tour rehersals and I know they took notice of the Rolling Stones mixing it up on their last tour. I go to U2 shows to hear the new stuff, but do like an ocassional surprise and feel they should at least mix up 5 songs a night from their back catalogue.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Seeing as there are so few shows on the opening leg, i've put serious thought into not reading any of the setlists of the previous show so that every song will be a surprise... normaly there would be no way i could do it... i'd give in by the 10th show... but seeing as there's only gonna be like 20 shows on this first leg (after the rollover dates are adde), i'm thinking i might be able to hold out.

what'cha think?

I wish I could do it. Even though my "local" show is Anaheim, I'm going to San Diego opening night as well as Anaheim JUST for the surprise factor. No idea of the stage set up, no idea of the setlist. I wouldn't normally be able to wait.

Aardvark747 said:
After watching the Making of Vertigo vid, and hearing Bono say that he doesnt think they're gonna leave any number out, just rotate the songs on different days, that gets me excited!

You ought to know better by now. How many times have they talked about surprise set lists, not just doing a greatest hits show, etc ?

Not only am I going to read setlists beginning on 3-29, I think I might make myself mix-CDs of the better-best lists (which will probably be relatively static so early in the first leg).
With U2, the music gets deeper and more meaningful the more we listen. By the time I stand up and scream in Chicago, I want the list *in me* at the body-spirit level. (feeling only a little sorry for the people sitting next to me!!!)

Aardvark747 said:

Kinda the opposite here -- it's a good album, but not that damn good. All the songs? Yikes, I"m not all that enthused to hear four of them -- LAPOE, Man and A Woman, One Step Closer, or Original of the Species. Figuring 18 to 20 songs per night, one third from this album would be more than enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom