Setlist - 1st Show of 3rd Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarcusOneTree

Acrobat
Well, here it is! Taken from U2.com:

1. Vertigo
2. I Will Follow
3. The Electric Co.
4. Elevation
5. Beautiful Day
6. In A Little While
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Love and Peace
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo

15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One

18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. With or Without You

21. All Because Of You
22. Fast Cars
23. Yahweh

Note: In A Little While AND Fast Cars! :hyper:

Holy crap Fast Cars!! That's friggin fantastic! In a Little While is pretty cool too.

In all honesty I was hoping for more of a change though. :(

Fast Cars... Really cool.

I want Pop material though, not this In A Little While crap. :(

Axver said:
Such a total disappointment.

As much as I am against bitching about the set lists baring in mind it's very much each to their own on this subject, I have to say that sticking In A Little While and Fast Cars into the set list is hardly exciting so I'm going to agree with Axver on this one.

I'd prefer to see some more older stuff in there, but if they really wanted to pull something off of ATYCLB, I'd rather have seen them chug out New York which was a killer live tune on the Elevation tour, and instead of Fast Cars, a track that only went on selected versions of the album, if they wanted to put another HTDAAB track into the set, how about trying Crumbs?

So, so many better songs available for selection......come on U2, pull 'em out....and while you're at it, confirm a few dates for Oz will you!

why play fast cars and in a little while?????
...what about ultraviolet, please, last night on earth, god pt. II, one tree hill, the unforgettable fire, 11 oclock tick tock....there are just sooooooo many better choices

Wow, some of you are hard to please.

I never dreamed Miss Sarajevo would get played in North America. I just hope they don't drop it once they get to the U.S.

And Fast Cars is a total shock, I never saw that one coming.

Why not have COBL open again? It is a muuuuch better choice than Veritgo opening. COBL -> Vertigo is the perfect beginning.

the ISHFWILF -> COBL transition doesnt seem like it would be a good one.

The Pride-Streets-One part of the set is still disappointing as well.

Do we have to have this same freaking chain of arguments/discussion in every thread? Is it not possible for someone to post a setlist without the same people coming in to make the same comments every time?

Sheesh.

(Pony-giving Corianderstem is out for the night. Cranky, annoyed Corianderstem has taken her place.):madspit:

Last edited:
I know, I know. I edited. But still ... it gets old to see the same chain of posts after any mention of a setlist.

When the same arguments are presented everytime someone mentions a setlist, is that really discussing anything?

besides, i I didn't even bitch about IALW this time. I was bitching about new things, you should be happy about that :wink:

I know we've heard this before, but its still early and were back in arenas now. U2 will mix it up a bit and find what works out best. Plus, there playing multiple nights more than any other tour (I think). Were bound to here some better tunes.

I don't know, WildHoneyAlways ... will you be joining the naughty boys and their griping? Or will you be joining me in my Pollyanna setlist ways?

:wink:

You like naughty boys in eyeliner, I can tell from your avatar!

Here's your platypus. I am now going away into my Pollyanna world, where I'm all thrilled that U2 is playing on my continent again.

:rockon:

I won't snivel about what songs I want in and what I think should be out, but I will say that it looks like U2 is moving in the same direction they did on the Elevation tour which was to add more mid-tempo, mellower and easier songs to play in the set while jettisoning some of the rockers to give Larry a break and songs which require The Edge to multi-task.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that songs like Lemon, The Unforgettable Fire and Surrender have zero chance of making a setlist this tour. And I bet Gloria and Until The End of The World will get played maybe 2 - 3 shows total the remainder of the tour.

One thing is certain, they will really be uinder pressure to mix up the sets big time in places like Boston and NY where they're playing big multi-night stands.

T.B.

i actually think vertigo->iwf->electric co is a GREAT way to open a show...those three songs really kick ass (i know i may be in the minority, but i really like vertigo).....i must concede however, cobl is a wonderful opener

partyslammer, boston has 2 shows in Oct. and 2 shows in Dec....i would hardly call those big multi-night stands....although i am hopeful U2 will mix the set up...as they always give us bostonians a treat :)

so

elevation
beautiful day
i will follow
in a little while
still havent found
sunday bloody sunday
pride
one
with or without

are all pretty much performed the same way (with maybe a slight variation), and with the same type of production as during the Elevation Tour.

Eh. :|

corianderstem said:
'salright with me, Chizip. I didn't see the Elevation tour.

:wink:

see, if you had seen it 7 times like i did youd be bitchin up a storm right with me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom