Setlist - 1st Show of 3rd Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
randhail said:
whine, bitch, moan, no one does it better than the interference crew. You guys really know how to suck the fun out of anything. For crying out loud it's U2!!! If you're that unhappy with things, sell your tickets or only go to a single show rather that 43. If you only go to one show, then it doesn't make a friggen bit of difference how varied the setlists are.

woot there it is.

yu told him.

Oh come on, if they play these songs it is because there is a meaning behing the setlist, like Bono said: "in the end it feels like one big song". Plus, the tour must keep a line, becasue it is still the same tour although it is a different leg. And all the new songs are great, of course no one can get tired of live versions of new songs :eyebrow: and theyplay a lot of the new ones . And, they play lots of Boy on this tour which is also great :yes:

So come on, I know you are supposed to discuss the setlist here but honestly I pretend this threads to be a little deeper: just complaining constantly about repeated songs seems a bit shallow.

Actually, this is my opinion and only that :), but I really feel this way, the majority of these posts are complaints and only that

In a Little While is such a good song, i'm glad they have brought that back. By faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the most underrated song on ATYCLB. i have 3 mates who hate U2 and i'd played that song to all of them and they agree it's a great song.

Fast Cars is alright, prefer Xanax And Wine though.

daygloeyes2 said:

I didn't know that. And Phi probably didn't know either. Please don't be so condescending.

I like the setlist. But then again, I'm happy with just about anything. :shrug: :wink:

Well, I'm not trying to be condescending but how can you not know that? They already did it on their 1983 Under a bloodred sky video. And if you've never seen that GET IT. Its awesome!

Jeez, I think a lot of you guys are in some serious need of Prozac.

Am I the only one here that as soon as Bono utters that first note, it fills my soul with inner peace and utter excitement REGARDLESS of the song?

Last night's show was amazing, Fast Cars is a great song, even better that most peeple had never heard it before, I've loved it since I first heard the album.

'40' was a nice surprise too, as I got Daniel Lanois to let me take a look of the setlist before U2 came on (which I don't recommend, btw, kind of spoiled it cause I knew what to expect). Anyhow, '40' wasn't on the set list so...very nice.

Off topic...Lots of celebs in the VIP area in front of the sound guys...surprisingly down-to-earth - Cuba Gooding Jr. (looked great in his cowboy hat a la Bono) Steven Page, George Stombopolous & his attractively challenged girlfriend (lol, i'm terrible), Daniel Lanois of course, and met Bono and Paul McGuinness on their way into the building. Sometimes it's worth waiting hours in heat and smog infested Toronto.

Have Fun...

Muad'zin said:

Well, I'm not trying to be condescending but how can you not know that? They already did it on their 1983 Under a bloodred sky video. And if you've never seen that GET IT. Its awesome!

I've never seen Under A Blood Red Sky so how would I know that?

daygloeyes2 said:

I've never seen Under A Blood Red Sky so how would I know that?

Because it's common knowledge in U2 fan circles? Especially circles frequented by people with roughly 14,000 posts on fanboards!

Axver said:

Because it's common knowledge in U2 fan circles? Especially circles frequented by people with roughly 14,000 posts on fanboards!

I'm sorry, I guess that makes me unworthy to be a U2 fan.

Just because I have not seen Under A Blood Red Sky does not make you a better fan than me. But you seem to think it does. I'm so sick of the feeling of elitism and condescension from certain members in the tour forum. :|

daygloeyes2 said:

Just because I have not seen Under A Blood Red Sky does not make you a better fan than me. But you seem to think it does. I'm so sick of the feeling of elitism and condescension from certain members in the tour forum. :|
Oh, get over yourself! You started this off when you posted that Edge played bass and Adam played guitar during 40 like it was a big deal. Then, when it was pointed out to you that they have always done this everytime they've played 40 live, you got mad about being corrected and started accusing others of being condescending and elitist. You were wrong and you were corrected. Nobody said that you're an 'unworthy' fan, just that it's surprising that you didn't know about the guitar switch on 40 since it was prominent in one of U2's most famous concert movies. It was also suggested that you should see Under A Blood Red Sky and I second that suggestion because I think every U2 fan should see it. That's not condescension, that's a recommendation.

daygloeyes2 said:

This is totally unrelated but I looked at the number of ur posts and when u registered, and that is just alot, and that's awesome, lol

It's kind of odd joining a forum with groups establishing huh? I'm not saying I don't feel welcome, it just makes it weird when it seems like alot of people know each other and I don't except maybe one person

Muad'zin said:

Ahum, you do realize that Adam and Edge swapping instruments is standard territory with 40?

You could have just said "that's cool" and left it at that, but no, you had to make it into "Ahum, I'm better than you because you didn't know that".

It caught me by surprise, and yes, I consider myself a very devoted fan. But not the kind of fan like Trekkies are to Star Trek. I love the band and grew up with them, but I don't need to cry bloody murder if someone isn't quite up to my level in U2 trivia.

Phi said:

You could have just said "that's cool" and left it at that, but no, you had to make it into "Ahum, I'm better than you because you didn't know that".

It caught me by surprise, and yes, I consider myself a very devoted fan. But not the kind of fan like Trekkies are to Star Trek. I love the band and grew up with them, but I don't need to cry bloody murder if someone isn't quite up to my level in U2 trivia.

Geez man, why is everybody so quick to feel insulted. Did I log in into the Hells Angels webboard? Get a life, this is a webboard. The moment you post something, you run the risk of somebody replying. And since everybody is anonymous it aint always going to be pretty. You made an eroneous comment. I felt the need to correct it. You telling us Edge and Adam swapping gear for 40 is as surprising to us as somebody coming here and: guess what, the Edge and Bono are not their real names! It was bound to sollicit a response. Others would not have been so gently as I was. :whistle:

I am a new member but can't wait to jump head first into everything this site has to offer!
With that said, I am bummed beyond belief (BBB) that my favorite song off the new album "Original of the Species" is not on the set list. I'll be seeing the boys a week from friday and I hope they include it by then!
Awesome that "Fast Cars" made the cut though!

Welcome to the site, LongingforBono. There are alot of neat places to visit here. Also alot of controversy sometimes, but that's ok, that's what makes life interesting. Where are you seeing the boys?

bray said:
fast cars? that song blows! its like them doing holy joe at kmart..after they listen to it they will say what were we thinking..i like in a little while..but come on. this is the different setlist they have worked on? should have rehearsed instead of counting their money, i for one am very dissappointed in the band. who knows how long they have left to tour and this one is like w. bush as prez.- a waste of 8 years. you guys would settle for them farting in the microphones to the macarena and say wow thats awesome! what about luminious times? or love comes tumbling? if they read these forums dont you think they would give acrobat or dirty day a try? you all been had.

You stole that comment about farting into the microphone from another disgruntled fan who wrote into Rolling Stone a few years back.

Uh huh- yes you did.

Fast Cars is a great song.

Hi Beverly56- thank you for welcoming me!
I will be seeing them in Minneapolis a week from friday. Starting to get VERY excited I must admit!
From what I have read, it seems that the controversy stems from people who are pretty passionate about the band and the music- nothing wrong with that!

Hey I've only been here since May (before my first show). Married to an Irishman, huh?

PLEBA stands for Paul Larry Edge Bono Adam. Its pretty much a place to go and drool over pictures of the guys. Some awesome stuff in there!

Im getting excited, I have 2 more shows - Pittsburgh next month, Cleveland in Dec. Was hoping they had changed the setlist a little more than they have, but oh well, its all good stuff.

Drooling is good. Drooling works. Do I just use search to find it?

Yep hubby is from Dublin. Raised in Sligo. When I met him he was living back in Co. Dublin though in a town called Dundrum. I lived there for a while as well. Been to Bono's house, Edge's house, the Kitchen, the Clarence, Nude- before it closed, and the recording studios to name a few spots I hit while living there bored out of my shell.

I never make it to more than one show a tour- I have kids!

My first show was Joshua Tree- I was too young to go to anything before that but I did buy "Under a Blood Red Sky" when it first came out. Been addicted ever since- esp. to Bono's face:)

My father's family (his mom) was from Cork, I believe I still have distant cousins there but Ive never been. My sister did go and checked out the cemetery where relatives are buried. Maybe some day. Did B invite you in for a drink?

Go back to the main Forum page, and just scroll down til you find the PLEBA area, and click on it, then there are a bunch of different things in there you can go into.

Ive never gone to multiple concerts for anyone before and I don't know what possessed me this time. It tends to get expensive! Mine are all driving distance.

Nah- was never invited in unfortunately! I bet they could see in my eyes I would be up to no good :)

I have a dream that someday when I am in Ireland I will be able to buy him a drink in a pub and tell him what a superior human being I think he is. He'll deny it I am sure.

One time I was outside his house though security guards came around outside when they saw me standing on my boyfriend's car- now the hubby. I am sure someone in the family was home! I was trying to get a better picture because the trees were so overgrown. Last time I was there you could see the house much better from the main road, but the best view is still from the shore down below.

I found the PLEBA! I get too jealous reading about those lucky ones who made it up on stage though! Never gonna happen for me.

Thanks for being so nice on my first day here. I appreciate it!

Lucky you weren't arrested for being a stalker! I would probably do something similar. Hey my pleasure, and I'm sure we'll be talking again! Enjoy your concert.

Zootomic said:

Oh, get over yourself! You started this off when you posted that Edge played bass and Adam played guitar during 40 like it was a big deal. Then, when it was pointed out to you that they have always done this everytime they've played 40 live, you got mad about being corrected and started accusing others of being condescending and elitist. You were wrong and you were corrected. Nobody said that you're an 'unworthy' fan, just that it's surprising that you didn't know about the guitar switch on 40 since it was prominent in one of U2's most famous concert movies. It was also suggested that you should see Under A Blood Red Sky and I second that suggestion because I think every U2 fan should see it. That's not condescension, that's a recommendation.

Actually, that was not me who brought up Adam and Edge switching the bass and guitar for 40. It was another poster.

how could you have that many posts in less than 6 months daygloweyes? do you have like a bono shrine with candles burning all the time? do you even have time to listen to U2s music? tell me that is an error...im scared.

bray said:
how could you have that many posts in less than 6 months daygloweyes? do you have like a bono shrine with candles burning all the time? do you even have time to listen to U2s music? tell me that is an error...im scared.

Yes, I have quite an impressive Bono shrine next to my stereo which plays U2 24/7. I don't think that's too obsessive, do you? ;)

Back
Top Bottom