Set List with rumor and posibilities for Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm making this as the DVD setlist

*disclamer* THIS IS NOT TRUE.. is just an idea

01 - Intro
02 - City Of Blinding Lights
03 - Vertigo//Stories For Boys
04 - The Cry//The Electric Co
05 - And Cat Dubh
06 - Into The Heart
07 - The Ocean
08 - Until The End Of The World
09 - New Year's Day
10 - Beautiful Day
11 - Miracle Drug
12 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
13 - Love And Peace Or Else
14 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
15 - Bullet The Blue Sky
16 - Running To Stand Still
17 - Human Rights Video
18 - Crumbs From Your Table
19 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
20 - Where The Streets Have No Name
21 - One
22 - Zoo Station *or LEMON*
23 - The Fly
24 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
25 - All Because Of You
26 - Party Girl (for Bono)
27 - Yahweh
28 - '40'

I added Ultraviolet, Until The End... and Crumbs

Sure, 28 looks long, but the HRVideo, The Ocean, the Intro, Into Th Heart, Party Girl... they are nothing... if you think about it is like 20-21 songs tops... and really, Love And Peace Or Else//Sunday Bloody Sunday//Bullet is like 1 big song... and with Running.. is like 2 or 1 1/2 song... really, an 18 song DVD is great and cheap (I JUST LOVE SEINFELD :love: :wink: )

Anywho... what do you think?

I don't know about Cat Dubh, Crumbs, Ultraviolet, Party Girl...

If you take those 4 out, then I could see that being the setlist...

I like the transition of 'The Ocean / Until The End Of The World / New Year's Day' that would be cool to see

I really hope "I Still Haven't Found" will be added for the DVD shoot nights. They already played it once on this tour in Anaheim. It wasn't featured on the Slane or Boston DVD's from the last tour, and it seems to me they may want it to be on this one.

the boston and slane dvds both have 19 songs. (20 with mysterious ways added on slane), so i would think this dvd will have around the same #, closer to 20 than 28. but who knows?

also, i think the Boy songs, especially Electric Co. and An Cat Dubh/Into the heart are all very likely for the new dvd, just to make it pretty different from the elevation dvds. plus, the band is playing those songs really really well on this tour.

i don't think any songs will be on this dvd that have not been played already this tour. i think the real setlist changes are coming AFTER the dvd shoot is done.

I highly doubt they'll play Party Girl, except maybe a snippet. I don't think Ultraviolet will show up either though that would be wonderful... (I'd rather have a POP song though. Please, anyone? Or Gone maybe?) I also don't think they'd play The Ocean along with both An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart AND The Cry/Electric Co. Have they done that? Maybe they have and I'm just stupid.

I hope they do Original instead of Yahweh...or Original->Yahweh->40...

It's a 25 song set. Never gonna happen. I'd replace Zoo Station with Until The End Of The World if I was to bet on something, and The Ocean and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart hasn't happened once on tour (correct me if I'm wrong).

01 - City Of Blinding Lights
02 - Beautiful Day
03 - Elevation
04 - Vertigo//Stories For Boys
05 - The Cry//The Electric Co
06 - And Cat Dubh//Into The Heart
07 - New Year's Day
08 - Miracle Drug
09 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10 - Love And Peace Or Else
11 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 - Bullet The Blue Sky
13 - Running To Stand Still
14 - Crumbs From Your Table
15 - Where The Streets Have No Name
16 - One
17 - Until The End Of The World
18 - The Fly
(19 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way))
20 - Mysterious Ways
21 - All Because Of You
22 - Original Of The Species
23 - '40'

Alas, God Part III completed the ultimate setlist which isn't totally impossible.

Play this set and I'll buy five DVD's.

I think these are the sets that will be filmed:

City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, The Electric Co., An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart, Beautiful Day, New Year's Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky - When Johnny Comes Marching Home, Running to Stand Still, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, All Because of You, Yahweh, 40

In other words, the standard, and what was "practiced" at Vancouver 2.

For the actual DVD release, I could see them taking out perhaps New Year's Day and Mysterious Ways, and I wouldn't be stunned if Zoo Station was also omitted. Beautiful Day would be logical to edit out; it was on both of the Elevation-tour DVDs. But it gets such a big crowd reaction and kicks the set in the ass, I think it will stay.

I might guess that they'd take out An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart, but I think they'd like to get that down and out on film. Bono does quite a performance for that, and I think they'll keep the more theatrical aspects of the show.

They could film one with the "Love and Peace" opener, which would be cool, but it seems leading up to the filming that they're sticking more to the COBL opener.

My prediction is that no twists or surprises will be thrown in until the film is safely in the can.

However, as I've said before (and said before Seattle 2) I won't be shocked if they trot out the Vertigo Reprise... it may be like the "1987 Stand By Me" of this tour; a crowd-shocking trick that got repeated.

i hope they open with Love and Peace or Else...i think that is just an awesome opener. also, i would think that the DVD would be the normal setlist because when they make the dvd i would think it would represent the songs of that tour, which would be the common 1 st night se list. who knows though, i hope they throw all kinds of stuff in it.

knox said:
So, with the shoot planned for 5/9 and 5/10...what are the chances that 5/7 will see some new songs?

Hopefully really good! they have to do them sometime and I think 5/7 and 5/12 are the best nights for them... I'm personally hoping for the Gloria/Bad setlist on the first night like they did in Vancouver.

learn2kneel said:
I'm personally hoping for the Gloria/Bad setlist on the first night like they did in Vancouver.

If they opened with Love And Peace Or Else, and played Bad and Gloria...

:drool:

Harry Vest said:
I can't beleive you chumps...most of you didn't include "Bad"!!!!
What the hell is wrong with you???
"Bad" WILL be on the DVD.

It wasn't played on either of the nights.

Back
Top Bottom