Set for 2005-03-30, San Diego.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
By the way ... after each show has finished and we know the whole set, I will be glad to make a thread with the full set in the first post so that it can be easily found. I do, after all, have to update that very set to u2-vertigo-tour.com so while I do that, I might as well post it here for everyone too.

Thank you for offering to do that, I think it is something that should obviously be a sticky at the top of any U2 fan-site the day after a concert. ESPECIALLY when the site has a section named "Setlists."

Of course, I would be happy to just go to your site, instead. However, there is no link in your signature, and copying and pasting u2-vertigo-tour.com into my address bar got me nowhere. Do I need to remove the dashes or something?

Re: streets

indiekid said:

I don't want to undermine the work Bono is doing but streets is our song... maybe he should concentrate more on keeping it our song

Not sure how I feel about this comment. It's not our song. He wrote it. He can do what he pleases, even if that means it doesn't please you.

So how did Gloria sound last night? They haven't played that tune a while, let alone a track from October. If we can only get the "Unforgettable Fire" back.

ThisIs40 said:
copying and pasting u2-vertigo-tour.com into my address bar got me nowhere.
Nevermind. I dragged it to my search box and found it. Great Site! Nice clear layout and I hope your forums pick up throughout the tour. Thanks!

U2girl said:
:
What happened to the WOWY -Streets transition that McGuiness said would the be the highlight of the show?

That was a false rumor from the U2eastlink.com forum.

u2valleygirl said:

Yes, Bono did sing Send in the Clowns bit...amazing.

Kind of. He did't sing it very clearly.

Gloria was freakin' awesome!!!!

WOWY was musically like Rattle & Hum (strong drum from Larry), but no "stars" closing.

They need to work on the intro to Streets.

Re: Missing tunes

laxpol said:
I think they're really dropping the ball.

Where the hell are: In a Little While, Kite, I Will Follow, Bad, Crumbs From Your Table, Walk On and All I Want is You?!?
Don't expect In A Little While, Kite, or Walk On. I'd like to see Crumbs, I wouldn't mind All I Want Is You or Bad, and I think a setlist is still complete without I Will Follow.

laxpol said:
New Years Day???
Getting a little old, but good song.
laxpol said:
Yahweh???
Not every night.
laxpol said:
Bullet the Blue Sky???
Love it, but some are tired of it.

laxpol said:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?
No.

I would love to hear them play Elvis ate America.:drool:

Oh, and where's Wake me up before you go go!! :wink:

ThisIs40 said:

Thank you for offering to do that, I think it is something that should obviously be a sticky at the top of any U2 fan-site the day after a concert. ESPECIALLY when the site has a section named "Setlists."

Of course, I would be happy to just go to your site, instead. However, there is no link in your signature, and copying and pasting u2-vertigo-tour.com into my address bar got me nowhere. Do I need to remove the dashes or something?

You can't see it in my signature? Here's my signature, and the link I was referring to is in bold:

... His voice to me was like a stream
Scarce heard; nor word from world could I divide;
And the whole body of the man did seem
Like one whom I had met in a dream ...

Contradiction is balance: Axver's LiveJournal.
U2-Vertigo-Tour.com: The best U2 setlist resource on the web! + U2 statistics: concert opening and closing songs.

And a direct link to the all U2 tours section for anyone who needs it is: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-u2-tours.html

Last edited:
I kind of think we won't see major changes to the setlist until Chicago at the beginning of May when they have their first 4 night stand in a city.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

to be honest, I'd much prefer An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart to Gloria but then I'd just sound like a bitch......

Back
Top Bottom