Running To Stand Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
What happened with this song :sad:

It´s my favorite U2 song and they have dropped it since Amsterdam, in July 2005 :(

Does anyone here miss this song as well? :reject:

I hope they´ll play it again for the 4th leg :heart: U2 should remember that we haven´t heard this song before in Mexico, Brasil, Argentina and Chile :(

I love that song, and it was great to hear, but to be honest, it was just not as good as in past tours.

I really did not like Miss Sarajevo either.

but I do have a point,

I think there are other songs that they could slide into the "slow song" slot of the setlist.

So Cruel would be one of them...

Actually, has So Cruel ever been played live??

Numb1075 said:
i wonder why So Cruel was only played 4 times....

Axver around?

I don't know what Axver thinks, but my guess is that they couldn't pull off the full electric band version.

The 4 times it was played/snippeted was acoustically.

I don't either.

My guess is that is just too minimal a song in composition for the band to pull it off live.

Unfortunately, those are my favorite songs.

Similarly I think are 40 and Mothers of the Disappeared, so I am not sure why So Cruel was never done fully.

If U2 were women, they'd be the hottest ones in the club, and would be the biggest teases ever

Running to Stand Still was amazing this tour after being cryogenically frozen since '93, Electric Co. was the BEST SONG OF THE TOUR, An Cat Dubh was pretty awesome, Who's Gonna Ride full band was awesome, All I Want is You is always awesome

atleast they're playing Miss Sarajevo in Running's place...

although I'd love a set where there are 2 early songs + gem again :ohmy: and a JT encore, ex:

4. Electric Co. / I Will Follow
5. Gloria / Out of Control
6. An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart / All I Want is You

17. Zoo Station / Until the End of the World
18. The Fly / Mysterious Ways
19. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

20. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / With or Without You
21. Running to Stand Still
22. Bad-40

Back
Top Bottom