Rtss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

instantregan

Babyface
Somebody mentioned "Running to Stand Still" and I agree. I don't think it's been played since ZOO TV and it's just got such an ethereal power to it. I was at Red Rocks a couple of years ago when Tori Amos covered it for the first time (was also the first time I'd heard it played live by anyone) and when done right it just stops your heart.

(You can find a recording of her performance on the net if you look around, btw.)

r

Yeah, I have Tori's cover. It's cool, very Tori like.

I would love U2 to bring RTSS back. It's one of my favorite songs. I adore the way the did it on Zoo Tv. Really gave it an extra something.

:yes: There was a rumor it was rehearsed acoustically for this tour.

Beautiful song, I enjoy both JT gospel-y piano version and the bluesy Zoo TV version.

The original '87 version turned into a real show-stopper back then. The version on the fall tour that year was very moving, with the extemporaneous "still running" refrain, and especially the added/ad-libbed lyrics "I don't know where I run to; I don't know what I run from; All I know... is I want to be... next to you... under this winter (night)..." (the last word would change as Bono mumbled his way through.

The reworked version from '92-'93, with those soaring gospel vocals and the chiming guitar, was nothing short of astounding.

And it's great around a campfire, too : )

This would be a very welcome comeback and could be again reworked or STAY the same, it will be amazing either way.

It could be a great lead in to many songs on tour such as City of Blinding Lights/Streets/SYCMIOYO/One Step Closer/Stay (snippet)/Bad

hey madonna's child, is it possible you could post the tori amos version? or send it to me? i'm a huge fan, and i'd love to hear it. if not that's cool to, but if you could, bonovoxkite@yahoo.com. thanks either way.

such a great song.

scotty, I'd be happy too, but I can't do it until next week. I'm home on spring break and the file is on my computer at school. I'll post it when I get back. :)

I think it would be interesting to see a version of this song where Edge begins on piano a-la Rattle & Hum, but halfway through the high keyboard string line from ZooTV comes in overtop and Edge plays the bluesy ZooTV riff on guitar.... I don't know if that makes any sense. But I can imagine it all in my mind and it's pretty.

Here is a link to download Tori's cover of Running to Stand Still. Be sure to delete out the spaces for the link to work right. :)

http:// s12. you sendit. com/d.aspx?id=01Q5ANIFYP9YM0YX31RJMHY0DP

RademR, you metnion RtSS into Streets......however, according to rumors, the band is rehearsing WOWY into Streets and this transition is reportedly going to be the highlight of the show.

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds exciting.

wow WOWY into streets? neeeato. i always dug the RTSS into streets, but hey i'm up for something awesome, yay!

Back
Top Bottom