Rarities on the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chrissybaby said:
in all seriousness i wonder how they reach these conclusions.
do you think that Edge played the riff to Electric Co in the studio one day and they all said "yes", or do you think they systematically went through all the boy songs and chose that one?

All 4 sit around a card table with a bottle of vodka, 1 glass, and a single bulb above them:

:larry: God Part II
:bono: Wild Honey
:adam: Please
:edge: The Electric Co.

Complete silence for 14 seconds, everyone then looks at bono.

:bono: I could sing the Electric Co.
:edge: The Electric Co. it is then. Adam have a drink.
:adam: But I…
:edge: I said have a drink.

Adam looks at Larry who is nodding his head

zoopop said:

All 4 sit around a card table with a bottle of vodka, 1 glass, and a single bulb above them:

:larry: God Part II
:bono: Wild Honey
:adam: Please
:edge: The Electric Co.

Complete silence for 14 seconds, everyone then looks at bono.

:bono: I could sing the Electric Co.
:edge: The Electric Co. it is then. Adam have a drink.
:adam: But I…
:edge: I said have a drink.

Adam looks at Larry who is nodding his head

:lol: :laugh: Good one!

chrissybaby said:
in all seriousness i wonder how they reach these conclusions.
do you think that Edge played the riff to Electric Co in the studio one day and they all said "yes", or do you think they systematically went through all the boy songs and chose that one?

They typically look at the theme of the tour and feel of the new album and then look to their back catalog at what albums or songs might fit in with that context. They felt that How To Dismantle was going back to a feel that was similiar to Boy, back to the beginning. :shrug: So they looked at that album and what songs from that album that might fit. Thats how they came up with Electric Co, The Ocean and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart as options for Vertigo. Stories For Boys was also said to be in consideration (I think this is why it got snippeted for awhile in Vertigo) but that obviously never materialized.

Back
Top Bottom