Question for the statistics junkies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommycharles

War Child
How close is Vertigo to being the tour with the biggest total number of songs played? I think not counting kareoke, it has to be close if not winning.

Actually, I'm currently working on a project to ascertain the precise details. I intend to publish proper findings (both in this forum and on the U2-Vertigo-Tour.com homepage) at the conclusion of this tour.

Already, this tour has featured more songs than any eighties tour, but that's to be expected (for those interested, out of all of the eighties tours, The Joshua Tree Tour had the most songs overall but Lovetown had the most original U2 songs).

I haven't yet done a study of ZooTV, Popmart, or Elevation, and I may not have data for quite some time. As I said, though, I'll be publishing statistics at the conclusion of the Vertigo Tour.

tommycharles said:
How close is Vertigo to being the tour with the biggest total number of songs played? I think not counting kareoke, it has to be close if not winning.

Here are the totals of the last 6 U2 tours:
The Joshua Tree Tour: 44 songs (109 shows)
Lovetown Tour: 37 songs (46 shows)
ZooTV Tour: 45 songs (157 shows)
Popmart Tour: 34 songs (93 shows)
Elevation Tour: 50 songs (113 shows)
Vertigo Tour: 45 songs (96 shows up to 16 November, Tampa)

Two notes for this: 1) I didn't count the karaoke songs for Popmart (as requested :wink: ) and 2) while ZooTV and Vertigo have an equal number of total songs played at the moment, it's interesting to note that for ZooTV this included 10 cover songs and for Vertigo just 1 (People Get Ready, 17 October, Philadelphia).

:D

^ Too much time on his hands! :laugh: :wink:

Interesting list, looks like Vertigo is on pace to have the most songs played when its all said and done.

Blue Room said:
^ Too much time on his hands! :laugh: :wink:

Interesting list, looks like Vertigo is on pace to have the most songs played when its all said and done.

:reject:
And I had most of it already stored in a spreadsheet (only needed to check the ZooTV and Popmart songs).

But yeah, in # of songs Vertigo is on its way to the top. And I still think it's amazing that they only played one cover song up to now. Once.

Re: Re: Question for the statistics junkies

Popmartijn said:

Here are the totals of the last 6 U2 tours:
The Joshua Tree Tour: 44 songs (109 shows)
Lovetown Tour: 37 songs (46 shows)
ZooTV Tour: 45 songs (157 shows)
Popmart Tour: 34 songs (93 shows)
Elevation Tour: 50 songs (113 shows)
Vertigo Tour: 45 songs (96 shows up to 16 November, Tampa)

Two notes for this: 1) I didn't count the karaoke songs for Popmart (as requested :wink: ) and 2) while ZooTV and Vertigo have an equal number of total songs played at the moment, it's interesting to note that for ZooTV this included 10 cover songs and for Vertigo just 1 (People Get Ready, 17 October, Philadelphia).

:D

Does this include covers played on JT, Lovetown and Elevation tours?

I think Elevation - minus covers - and Vertigo are about tied for most songs played.

Yes, they include covers.
Excluding covers it's:
JT: 29 songs
Lovetown: 31 songs
ZooTV: 35 songs
Popmart: 32 songs
Elevation: 42 songs
Vertigo: 44 songs

I tried counting but I only got to 40 songs for Elevation.

I counted

3 Boy songs, 0 October, 2 War, 3 UF, 5 JT, 3 Rattle and Hum, 5 Achtung Baby, 1 Zooropa, 5 Pop and 8 ATYCLB songs for Elevation - plus B-sides Party girl, Slow dancing and Spanish eyes and Sweetest thing and Ground beneath her feet for Elevation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom