question for axver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
when was the last time a song was played twice not counting the brooklyn bridge gig in November?

The Second Seattle show this tour.
Vertigo after Beautiful Day and then at the end after OOTS or Yahweh, I'm not sure.

I couldnt tell you off the top of my head of it happening before that

bono_man2002 said:
The Second Seattle show this tour.
Vertigo after Beautiful Day and then at the end after OOTS or Yahweh, I'm not sure.

I couldnt tell you off the top of my head of it happening before that

It did happen before. I'm not sure when but it was during the early tours. They used to play I Will Follow twice in a show.

If you mean full tour concerts, the last time was 28 September 1987, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, once with the choir.

Though if we're talking full tour but not full band, All Along The Watchtower at a Denver Elevation gig was done acoustically during the main set and solo Bono later, I believe. And Popmart Thessaloniki had Staring At The Sun in its usual spot and then a miniature version to close.

Everyone should just go by Pimm's book "U2 Live: A Concert Documentary". It documents 95% of every U2 concert ever...including the setlists. I have it, and it comes in handy for this stuff.

PhoenixGNX said:
Everyone should just go by Pimm's book "U2 Live: A Concert Documentary". It documents 95% of every U2 concert ever...including the setlists. I have it, and it comes in handy for this stuff.

Exactly. It's a great resource. Apparently even the band travel with a copy of it!

I think you may have made a mistake with the Johnathan ross thing (2004-12-02)

Set list is:

Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
I Will Follow
Vertigo

and should read Vertigo/Sometimes/I Will Follow/ABOY....right?

well lets hope that section of the site is not to frequently updated this tour :)

bono_man2002 said:
I think you may have made a mistake with the Johnathan ross thing (2004-12-02)

Set list is:

Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
I Will Follow
Vertigo

and should read Vertigo/Sometimes/I Will Follow/ABOY....right?

well lets hope that section of the site is not to frequently updated this tour :)

No, that was the correct setlist for the Jonathan Ross show. The setlist you mention was for Saturday Night Live.

:)

*has the book lying besides him for a few weeks now :wink: *

PhoenixGNX said:

Axver, Pimm's book has tons more info then that site. There's a write up and review of nearly every concert ever. The Vertigo site has mainly setlists. You need this book, trust me:wink:

I was talking about solely the setlists, in which case we have more setlists and the sets are fleshed out with more snippets.

Back
Top Bottom