Projected setlist for the next tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I'm not sure why some people are so certain about COBL. It can fit nicely into various parts of the set, but I just don't really see it being retained. A lot of people thought Kite was a sure thing and it hasn't materialised, so I wonder if COBL will head down that route.

Then again, who would have put any money on Elevation still being played? Its a similar kind of song, uptempo and uplifting.

And regarding OOTS, I wonder if the time between tours will give them time to re-invent it and create a version they can comfortably play live. I really don't see what's so hard about it.

Only if Bono sings and plays the piano because without the guitars its lacking. So far only the 5 man version works.

But OOTS wasn't a song that really fit in the Vertigo tour setlist. So why waste time making it work when come next tour other new songs will demand even more attention?

Muad'zin said:

Then again, who would have put any money on Elevation still being played? Its a similar kind of song, uptempo and uplifting.

Good point - I was one of the ones saying that Vertigo and ABOY would mean Elevation would be cut. But Elevation was a pretty big hit, and I don't know if COBL really attained the popularity of Elevation. I wonder if it will still be on radio when the next tour rolls around, like Elevation still is? That could be a factor.

Only if Bono sings and plays the piano because without the guitars its lacking. So far only the 5 man version works.

Well, Bono could do that - he did it for Sweetest Thing on Elevation and he is apparently receiving piano lessons.

But OOTS wasn't a song that really fit in the Vertigo tour setlist. So why waste time making it work when come next tour other new songs will demand even more attention?

Who knows? It could potentially fit into whatever theme they do next - and the band, or at least Bono, seem to quite like it so they may just play it for that sake alone. I'm not willing to discount it just yet - I'd like to see how it goes on the fifth leg. If ever they're going to figure out a way for just the four of them to play it, now's probably the most likely time for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom