Please rate my setlistttttt!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshua87

Acrobat
all because of you
vertigo
discoteque
even better than the real thing
one
i will follow
tomorrow
sunday bloody sunday
gone
kite
in god's country
crumbs from your table
staring at the sun (acoustic)
sometimes you cant make it on your own (acoustic)
bad
where the streets have no name

bullet the blue sky
please
with or without you
the fly
until the end of the world
new years day
mlk

pride
one step closer

OK, I still have to listen to this, but this would probably be my ideal setlist, also considering what Bono can hopefully do right now. Please praise me or rip me apart (or offer suggestions)
thanks!!:wink:

He'd better have a lot of energy, that would be hard on him!

Sorry, it doesn't work. Firstly, at 26 songs, it is too long (22 is a fair length). The initial encore is much too long, MLK isn't really a song I'd choose to end an encore, especially not after New Year's Day, U2 will never play Tomorrow again, and One is completely out of place.

whoaaaaa, that's one helluva long set. The only band I've ever seen play that long was the Rolling Stones, and they can only do it because they're all hopped up on various substances.....

I don't think All Because of You would be a good opener, and Vertigo is tailor-made to kick off the show, so I would reverse the order of those two songs. Plus All Because of You would go better into Discotheque, although I highly doubt they'd play that.....

Personally, I'm sick of seeing them play I Will Follow, and would love to see them play Out of Control more, or perhaps the Electric Co. (unlikely). Putting One in between those two songs is really awkward, and I'd put it in the encore-perhaps switch it with Pride. I also think they're past their days of ending shows with 40. I'd replace that with Yahweh.

Finally I think the first encore is too long--I don't like New Year's Day in an encore, and I agree about MLK not really good to end it. So I'd end the first encore with Until the End of the World.

tennispunk said:
whoaaaaa, that's one helluva long set. The only band I've ever seen play that long was the Rolling Stones, and they can only do it because they're all hopped up on various substances.....

Pearl Jam (yes, I know, they're younger than U2) usually average around 26-27 songs per show. There have been numerous occasions, even in recent years, of shows being comprised of more than 30 songs.

Bruuuuuuce plays some damn long shows, too. The setlist isn't necessarily as lengthy, but they extend songs quite a bit, too. And Bruce has more than 10 years on Bono. :)

That said, U2 will probably stick to their 19-21 song average. It's been pretty consistent throughout their career since the War tour.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Pearl Jam (yes, I know, they're younger than U2) usually average around 26-27 songs per show. There have been numerous occasions, even in recent years, of shows being comprised of more than 30 songs.

Bruuuuuuce plays some damn long shows, too. The setlist isn't necessarily as lengthy, but they extend songs quite a bit, too. And Bruce has more than 10 years on Bono. :)

That said, U2 will probably stick to their 19-21 song average. It's been pretty consistent throughout their career since the War tour.

While this is true (I have seen Veder and Co numerous times - amazing), you must take into account that Eddie doesn't exert half the energy that Bono does in concert. Pearl Jam get behind their instruments and rock. Bono freaks out all around the stadium.

Still I would love to see a longer show.

BTW - Beautiful Day has to be played. It is the best song they have written since One.

Dalton said:

While this is true (I have seen Veder and Co numerous times - amazing), you must take into account that Eddie doesn't exert half the energy that Bono does in concert. Pearl Jam get behind their instruments and rock. Bono freaks out all around the stadium.

Yes, I know. The Pearl Jam experience is the music itself, Bono's always been a ham and his showmanship is half the draw. Unfortunately, it will be more and more taxing on him as time goes by. :(

My set list is better:

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
All Because of You
City Of Blinding Lights
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
Electrical Storm
Beautiful Day
out of control
New Years Day
I Still haven't found what i'm looking for
Original Of The Species
Walk On
Stuck in a moment
pride

zoo station
the fly
even better than the real thing
mysterious ways
until the end of the world
with or without you

crumbs from your table
one step closer (prelude)
one

Aardvark747 said:

Like it was on ZooTV.....imo

Hm, I actually think it worked where it was. The Mysterious Ways --> One combination didn't really strike me at first, but after listening to ZooTV bootlegs (and Popmart ones, as HMTMKMKM/Mysterious Ways/One was the regular second encore), I've come to like it, and the way the band managed to make Unchained Melody flow into Until The End Of The World was absolute MAGIC.

Back
Top Bottom