Playing it safe for 'first shows'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E_T

The Fly
I haven't studied the setlists as such, but it appears to me that u2 have been 'playing it safe' for the first show in each city and then mixing it up for the second night, producing setlists with songs that have only been played scarcely in the tour.

Is this a pattern emerging, do you think, or purely coincidence?

Actually, I'm hoping for the "first night setlist" in Seattle on 4/24... I've been hoping to see Electric Co. for about 20 years, and would be thrilled to see An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart as well.

If I bag those two, the rest is gravy. Zoo Station would be nice.

Bad is perhaps my favorite song ever, but I've seen and heard it enough, unless they start doing 1985-style, 15-minute versions. Plus, I've got at least two more third-leg shows to go, so I assume if they start adding in Original or make some other changes, that I'll have my shot to see those when they're well-developed.

But pleeeeeze, gimme The Co.!

ultraviolet353 said:
actually the pattern that is emerging is that 95%of the time they are playing the exact same setlist :-(

that is not even close to being correct.

That reminds me of being dragged to the musical Cats several years back. It was the same damn show they put on as when I saw it as a kid. You'd think they'd have put in Cat scratch fever or something to mix it up.

jay canseco said:
That reminds me of being dragged to the musical Cats several years back. It was the same damn show they put on as when I saw it as a kid. You'd think they'd have put in Cat scratch fever or something to mix it up.

:laugh:

Chicago is going to be when the amazing things happen. They might add some songs here and there, but we're going to see major setlist shakeups. They're still getting things worked out and comfortable. Chicago will be when the tour actually starts. And I will be there on night 1, to see the standard setlist. Dammit!

Back
Top Bottom