Pick a classic wich you would like to see skipped the next time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Pick a classic wich you would like to see skipped the next time!

Mine`s soooo easy : Pride:madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

After 20+ years it`s time to leave it out the next time.
Sure it`s a crowd-pleaser but I get sooo bored.
Especially when you see the band more than two nights in one city.

I`ll take over tunes like NYD or IWF any day over Pride.

Now what is that classic that makes you feel all like...OH NO NOT AGAIN!!!!:wink:

Cheers Friends ,

Mauwer

p.s. Runner up though is : One

Pride.
Or Bullet

No issues with SBS or NYD though. These songs still sound fresh and are very important to 'U2' and all that means.

Bullet need at least a tour leg out ... just to refresh itself. and pride isn't what it was.

Pride doesn't need to be every night, and it could at least be moved around, as it works in pretty much any spot on the set.

Zoo TV and Popmart (for the most part) survived without Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Bullet The Blue Sky has been played enough.

One song? It's more the pattern of the same old songs, Pride, One, Bullet, SBS, WOWY, IWF. They should defenitly rotate with the other classics like Bad, A Sort Of Homecoming, Out Of Control, One Tree Hill, TUF, EBTTRT, Walk On, UTEOTW, In God's Country etc

Pride, Bullet, Beautiful Day, Elevation, I Will Follow. I just can't bring myself to say WOWY as that is my favourite song all time

Pride or Bullet. Probably Bullet, just because Pride still gets a huge crowd reaction regardless. I dont think Bullet gets that big of crowd reaction at all. Its just sort of there. :shrug:

I can live without Bullet or One.

Songs like Pride, SBS, and NYD (!) should never be dropped. They're the all-time classics, and all the folks who only make it to one U2 show in their lifetime should have the honor of hearing them. Streets too (of course).

Songs that I'd like to hear on a nightly basis:
Bad (obviously), Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW.

Bullet shall stay :rockon:

Seriously though:

Pride, One, but With or Without You mostly.
It has a tendency of getting boring.

PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE

By Classics I'm thinking One, WOWY, pride, streets, ISHFWILF, so BTBS isn't on my list, or it would be #1 for sure....

Bullet the Blue Sky

I don't think 'One' can, will, or should ever not be played at a show. It is the signature song which defines the band's view on the world and its cause in the world. Heck, its what they named the 'One Foundation' after! Of course if they ever don't it is their choice. Just like it is your choice if that is the song you would want taken out.

"One love, One life..."

Yeah....ISFWILF gets pretty boring too.

Still sounds fresh somehow , maybe that`s because they haven`t played it in Europe that much on the Elevation tour.
( can`t remember if it got played at all on the 1st and 2nd legs of the Elevation tour? )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. One should really go the next time:madspit:

Mauwer said:
Yeah....ISFWILF gets pretty boring too.

Still sounds fresh somehow , maybe that`s because they haven`t played it in Europe that much on the Elevation tour.
( can`t remember if it got played at all on the 1st and 2nd legs of the Elevation tour? )

ISHFWILF was only played once on the first two legs of Elevation - 16 May 2001 at the fourth Chicago show.

Pride, most definitely. One is getting a little stale, but I think it's an untouchable. Actually still enjoy Bullet because it's done differently every tour so it retains some freshness. But for the love of all that is holy, get rid of Pride already!

Since the concert I attended during the Unforgettable Fire tour - I have heard fuc:censored: ing Pride at EVERY show. PLEASE U2 Put this song to bed:banghead:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom