Philadelphia set... Nothing we haven't seen before.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
01. City of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo/Stories For Boys
03. Elevation
04. Cry/The Electric Co - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
05. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
06. Beautiful Day
07. New Year's Day
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 10. Love and Peace or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet the Blue Sky/The Hands That Built America
13. Running To Stand Still
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One
---
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh
22. "40"

:|

NYD wasn't played last night. I realzed that driving back to DC :wink:

So far I've been to Chicago 5/9 and 5/10, and now Philly 5/14, so I haven't seen any variation at all in the setlists really.

But honestly....who cares? Their still great shows :up:

Yeah I don't get the big deal about mixing up setlists either. 95% of the fans arent going to every show and downloading every bootleg. In my opinion this is their best setlist, so why not play it at most shows so everybody can hear the best show?

Sure it would be cool to hear a couple new songs every now and then, but I don't really think just mixing up the order makes it better. Actually I think it makes it worse, as this set flows really well.

johnottr said:
My only question is....why didn't they play Bad last night?...I'm there with the smartest, most beautful woman in the world...it's her first U2 concert...I tell her how much I love Bad...and they dont play it.

I order for Bad to be as awesome and powerful as it was in the last show in Chicago they need to play it more sparingly.
They can't keep playing it and playing it, or else it'll lose its effectiveness and the band will become bored and uninspired.

I can see where you're coming from though. I definitely hope they play Bad in Ottawa.

Chizip said:
Yeah I don't get the big deal about mixing up setlists either. 95% of the fans arent going to every show and downloading every bootleg. In my opinion this is their best setlist, so why not play it at most shows so everybody can hear the best show?

Philly 1 > Chicago 4? :huh:

johnottr said:
New Year's Day was played!
Interesting. Are you sure about that? Everybody else says it wasn't.

Sounds to me like you were paying too much attention to your girlfriend, and not enough to U2. :shame:

Chizip said:

Sure it would be cool to hear a couple new songs every now and then, but I don't really think just mixing up the order makes it better. Actually I think it makes it worse, as this set flows really well.

The Chiz speaks wisely. I was at the show, and only heard one song change from my first show (but a slightly different running order). The fact remains that the setlist is solid and works really well.

We should start numbering the sets. Then we can be like:

"Oh, Philadelphia I was a number four."

"Awesome, I love that one."

Back
Top Bottom