Perfect opening!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_kite

War Child
Hi there!!
I have been wondering...of a perfect tune to start a concert from the new tour!! And I just found it!! LOVE AND PEACE!!!

Just let me share with you...and try to make you see the image I have in my mind!!! After all the waiting...lights go down!! Fans start to shiver...it's the big time ahead!!! In the dark....you start listening to that misterious intro of LAPOE!!! It has to be an extended intro...you can hear that Hellooooo two or three times...! Different types of lights (black and white) are turned ON and Off over the stage...and over the crowd...!! They are circulating over and over again!!! Then...Larry's drums come in...and still in the dark...you can listen to Bono....'Lay down.....laaaaaay doooooown......lay your sweet lovely...on the grooooooound'!!! Beautiful!!! the lights are kept low...' lay your love on the track...we're gonna break the monsters back...awwwww.....heyyy....heyyy....lay down your...' and when Bono says 'treasure'....all the lights are turned ON....and you can look around and se the face of all the fans...totally BLLOWN AWAY Yfrom such beggining!!! :) They play the song till the end...and while you still hear the last riff of the Edge...Larry knocks his drum sticks for the beggining of Vertigo...and they fly straight to 'UNOS...DOS...TRES...CATORCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Edge...full power....Vertigo's riffs fill the house!!! :)

OK....this is just the perfect beggining for me!!! Then....we would also have all the songs from the new album...except One Step CLoser and Yahweh. I'd leave those two songs out!! I'd also have 11 O'Clock, Acrobat, The Fly, Out of Control, I Will Follow...I don't know!! It's simply KIMPOSSIBLE to choose the right tunes from a large portfolio like U2 have!! I'd always feel like...'Oh...they missed The Unforgetable Fire...or Even Better...or Bad...!!! The only solution...is for me to see has many shows as I can!!! ;)

It's gonna be a HOT summer...oh yes it is!!! :wink:

I think that is a great opening!:wave:;) I would like them to play the songs "Vertigo" "Sometimes" "Yahew" "Miracle Drug" "Crumbs" and "Orignal!";);):);)

Last edited:
Good thought, my_kite. I kind of doubt the many fans who think they'll kick it off with "Vertigo." It's the big single! Maybe the second song, but the first? I think you could apply for the 6th member of U2 (if you count Paul McGuinnes as the 5th member, like I do).

HUM...maybe I should consider sending a written plan to McGuiness?? Oh boy.,.I do need a new job!!! U2 tour adviser/road crew member would fit me as a new gluve!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom