Open letter to Bono,Edge ,Larry,Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Dear 'greatest band of all time'
Hello.This is not really a letter as such,more of a request.
I have tickets to see you lot in Manchester(june 14th).After listenind to your music for the 20 years and spent countless £'s on u2 stuff i feel that maybe you could do me a few little favours on this upcoming tour.Below are a few tracks i would love to hear you play...
1 - All i want is you
2 - Bad
3 - Promenade (love that song at the mo)
4 - out of control
5 - Heartland(not really for me,someone ese,they know who they are)
6 - Ultra violet
7 - Lady with the spinning head
8 - Kite:)drool: )
9 - Gloria
10 - All of How to dismantle..........
I'll let you decide the rest of the set,you usually have good taste.
See you in manchester,dont forget i'm going on the 1st manchester date NOT the added 2nd gig.
All the best ,
Lee( boystupidboy)

ps Any chance of a backstage pass? 2 if possible:huh:

and when you come to Glasgow I'd appreciate "A Day Without Me"

go on guys.....it's only 4 minutes of your life! ;)

Miss Becky, from what other threads are saying, U2 aren't even in Canada yet to rehearse. They were in Mexico rehearsing and plan to go up to Canada shortly.

Numb1075 said:
Miss Becky, from what other threads are saying, U2 aren't even in Canada yet to rehearse. They were in Mexico rehearsing and plan to go up to Canada shortly.

All I can do is post the link. I didn't say I believed it. :)

U2dork said:

Very interesting but I have one issue:
Do we really need to resurrect Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? (That song has never been one of my favs to see live.) Can we trade it for something like maybe Stories For Boys or maybe Out of Control?

I don't want to have to launch a defence of this song as it used to be one of my own least favs but have you heard an acoustic live version of it? I only came across it on the Jesus Was A Cool Guy boot but in this way it's actually rather good.

My personal distaste of Wild Horses isn't the music, in either electric or acoustic form, it's the lyrics. They make me squirm.

Now if Bono took a page from Bob Dylan, and re-wrote or updated the lyrics, then maybe...

tarquinsuperb said:

I don't want to have to launch a defence of this song as it used to be one of my own least favs but have you heard an acoustic live version of it? I only came across it on the Jesus Was A Cool Guy boot but in this way it's actually rather good.

I have, in fact, seen this song performed live at least twice. I think my issues with the song are the same as broken toy's. If this were any other band other than U2, the moment this song shows up in the set list is when I would take a restroom break.

boystupidboy said:
Dear 'greatest band of all time'
Hello.This is not really a letter as such,more of a request.
I have tickets to see you lot in Manchester(june 14th).After listenind to your music for the 20 years and spent countless £'s on u2 stuff i feel that maybe you could do me a few little favours on this upcoming tour.Below are a few tracks i would love to hear you play...
1 - All i want is you
2 - Bad
3 - Promenade (love that song at the mo)
4 - out of control
5 - Heartland(not really for me,someone ese,they know who they are)
6 - Ultra violet
7 - Lady with the spinning head
8 - Kite:)drool: )
9 - Gloria
10 - All of How to dismantle..........
I'll let you decide the rest of the set,you usually have good taste.
See you in manchester,dont forget i'm going on the 1st manchester date NOT the added 2nd gig.
All the best ,
Lee( boystupidboy)

ps Any chance of a backstage pass? 2 if possible:huh:

I'm going on the 14th as well Lee and would just like to add my requests for -

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wake up Dead Man
Staring at the Sun

Jo.

P.S Maybe see you there :wave: Oh and any chance of another 3 backstage passes?? :wink:

Re: Re: Open letter to Bono,Edge ,Larry,Adam

lisa2004 said:

I'm going on the 14th as well Lee and would just like to add my requests for -

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wake up Dead Man
Staring at the Sun

Jo.

P.S Maybe see you there :wave: Oh and any chance of another 3 backstage passes?? :wink:
Hey hello!!I'll try to get you some passes but i'm still waiting for Bono to get back to me:wink: You ain't my ex missus are you ,her name was Lisa( your username):drool:

Back
Top Bottom