OOTS - What's the big deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OOTS is a huge thing for The Edge primarily. It's the last song by the band that actually brought him to tears, being about his daughter and all. It was written by Bono and I think it really shows how close the four members are as a family. When you can write a song about a relative of a bandmate, you know you've got something.

Okay, this may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know what the situation with Edge's daughter is? As I understand it, the tour was delayed because she has an illness of some sort? Is that somehow related to the lyrical context of OOTS?

Just curious... :hmm:

MarcusOneTree said:
Okay, this may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know what the situation with Edge's daughter is? As I understand it, the tour was delayed because she has an illness of some sort? Is that somehow related to the lyrical context of OOTS?

Just curious... :hmm:

Not sure, I've only heard it was for a "family member's illness", but that may be so. I believe, though, that OOTS's isn't about that.

"Baby slow down
The end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart"

The first two lines may be hinting towards a life-ending illness, but I believe the second is hinting at that Edge's daughter was growing into a woman (not in a sexual way), but maturing. And when Edge realized it hey may have had a tough time going through the fact that she's not his little girl anymore.

Back
Top Bottom