Oots? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:52 AM
Oots?

What happened to the song that Bono and The Edge said is the best song on the new album?

Old 06-15-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 10:52 PM
They can't get it to sound good live.

I heard it in Seattle 2 and it was like they were trying to find a balance between the stripped down piano-only version at the iPod concert, and the full-blown produced version on the album.

This "middle ground" sounds awful; it comes off feeling very boring. Reminds me of the live version of Stuck In A Moment.

They need to go either piano only or full production; both could work, but they need to decide and give up this wishy-washy crap version.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:01 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:52 PM
I like this middle ground version; to me only piano version like Ipod is too stripped down, and I'm not sure a full out version would work (what would they do with the piano if Edge has to play guitar?) and I love how Larry comes in on the song.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:32 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoocoustic

I heard it in Seattle 2 and it was like they were trying to find a balance between the stripped down piano-only version at the iPod concert, and the full-blown produced version on the album.

This "middle ground" sounds awful; it comes off feeling very boring. Reminds me of the live version of Stuck In A Moment.

They need to go either piano only or full production; both could work, but they need to decide and give up this wishy-washy crap version.
totally agree with you. they should drop the piano entirely, just guitars. let the edge play all those amazing bits he wrote for the record, it would be explosive!
Old 06-16-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Bono: Aw geez, ya know i really would like to play that, but not at the expense of Vertigo.
Arcadion: But.... you played Vertigo twice....
Bono: Really? Damn, I gotta do something about that. A song that punk rock should be played 3 or 4 times!

Then the Vertigo tour really does live up to it's name, as they just play Vertigo 24 times, and create different light shows.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
The Fly

Quote:

the seattle version is pretty rough. larry kicks in too early. the later versions, such as nj1 that i saw was much better. larry kicks in much later. they might skip in the stadium as they feel piano doesnt work - hence the running to stand still acoustic performances so far.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #7
The Fly

The Chicago 3 version was amazing. I don't know why they haven't kept it in the set list.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:

But I like the live Stuck in a Moment...

I actually think the middle ground is good, it'd be better if Edge played piano for the first half of the song and then guitar, but overall I love it and I hope it makes its way back into the set - easily the best song offa Bomb.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:52 PM
When I saw them at NJ1, Bono shocked the heck out of the whole band when he decided to play it. It didn't seem any of them were ready to perform it when they did, Edge really screwed up the keyboards, I do have to say the more I listen to the song the better it sounds to me. It's becoming a favorite
Old 06-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #10
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by orelse
The Chicago 3 version was amazing. I don't know why they haven't kept it in the set list.
Yes Chicago 3 and 4 were great, don't know why it couldn't be repeated.