One Step Closer - Where is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
Sure this has been discussed before but I wonder why One Step Closer is being left off the setlist. I mean it doesn't even have to be a full version. A snippet or even a transition song would work perfectly. I was driving home late last night and I was listening to HTDAAB, OSC came on and I ended up playing back to back to back. It's so sublime and mellow and would fit nicely into the set even if not showcased as a full out performance. I don't know. Just seems strange to me that this hasn't been performed.:eyebrow:

They could play OSC like they do The First Time.
Bono & Edge acoustic.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. They could even switch TFT on a 2nd night with OSC.

Mauwer said:
They could play OSC like they do The First Time.
Bono & Edge acoustic.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Thats actually a pretty good idea.

Unfortunately I dont think OSC is on the bands radar screen. They seemed to be focused on the Zooropa stuff. Dont be surprised if some other songs of Zooropa pop up eventually. :shrug:

I would really like to see One Step Closer pop up, as we would then see every track on HTDAAB played. And, as you said, it is a nice song - certainly better than weaker tracks on ATYCLB like Grace.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
I would really like to see One Step Closer pop up, as we would then see every track on HTDAAB played. And, as you said, it is a nice song - certainly better than weaker tracks on ATYCLB like Grace.

We'd have to hear A Man and a Woman to get all HTDAAB tracks, though.

I'd love to hear OSC played. It's recently become one of my favorite songs. Hell, the whole of HTDAAB is amazing.

Harbinger said:

We'd have to hear A Man and a Woman to get all HTDAAB tracks, though.

I actually think that would be more likely than OSC. Not a huge fan of Man and A Woman, but it would fit the 3rd leg encore pretty well. They could do The First Time or Walk On, into Man and a Woman, then Fast Cars, then WOWY. I think that would work well.

it's on their album how to dismantle an atomic bomb. it comes after crumbs from your table, but before original of the species.

hope that helps.

I would've thought it could potentially appear as a SYCMIOYO snippet, due to the same subject matter.

I honestly don't expect it to be played live, it'll be the Grace of HTDAAB.

I listened to "One Step Closer" the other day and I was nearly in tears. Its so beautiful. Song is made to be heard at night in the cold weather. ANYWAY, can you imagine seeing it live with the blue light effects they do during RTSS (and I think Miss Sarejevo)?

Blue Room said:

Dont be surprised if some other songs of Zooropa pop up eventually. :shrug:

I would be very surprised. Especially if it was something other than Stay.

Back
Top Bottom