One Song You Want U2 to Play On Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2LA said:
Exit or One Tree Hill (I know, not very likely but other than these 2, I would not be sad if they didnt play a single song from JT)

Go see U2 in New Zealand (like I'm going to). They will play One Tree Hill at any show in NZ.

Okay, to pick one: A Sort of Homecoming.... or Wire. Or Real Thing. Or either of the soundtrack songs: Hands That Built America or HMTMKMKM.

And if they were going to cover something, I'd say Sympathy for the Devil. :mac: And while Bono doesn't necessarily have to dress up to do it, I wouldn't complain if he did... :drool:

I'd be happy with any song that isn't completly played out (and yes even a fan thinks songs can be played out). I want rare songs that I haven't heard in concerts. Gloria, 11:00 tick tock, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Streets, and god help me even Bad are all played. I just want something different. I want a new set list for the true fans that have been to a million concerts and know all of the songs not just the ones on the radio. A set list for the die-hard fans not the radio fans.
:bow:

Acrobat
Love is Blindness
Dirty day
MOFO
Exit
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
HMTMKMKM
Last night On EarTH
POPMUZIK intro
George Bush sr. intro

You know during the elevation tour Bono was singing the Wild Honey song and was reading the words for it as he sang. So even though I can think of a million songs I'd like them to play, they may not even know them anymore.

Just one?

Running to stand still - it has been skipped on the last two tours and is one of their best songs IMO.

I'm confident they will play Electrical storm :yes:

I liked how they brought "Out of Control" out during the last tour I'd like to see "two hearts beat as one" or 'stories for boys" - a song that Neil McCormick said vertigo kind of sounded like.

Red Hill Mining Town has ben a wish since I discovered U2 but I doubt that will happen

11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Drowning Man :wink:

Miami

Lemon

Can't Help Falling in Love

(but i'll still shout for Acrobat and Hawkmoon just to pick out the hardcore U2 fans...)

Realistic: All I Want is You, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?

In the Middle: Running to Stand Still

Dreams: Hallelujah Here She Comes, Dancing Barefoot, Hawkmoon 269

Last edited:
Ody said:
Realistic: All I Want is You, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?

In the Middle: Running to Stand Still

Dreams: Hallelujah Here She Comes, Dancing Barefoot, Hawkmoon 269

I'd actually swap RTSS and WGRYWH. RTSS was played practically every night for JT, Lovetown, and ZooTV, while WGRYWH very quickly dropped off the ZooTV setlist and was surprisingly snippeted during Elevation. Considering the classic status of RTSS, I think it has a much better chance of returning.

re: What is one song that you would want U2 to play on tour

I'd love to hear anything upbeat that's been on the shelf for a while.

Who knows if any of these fit the show they would like to put together (theme wise etc...)
- Gloria
- Two Hearts
- God Part II

Not so upbeat - but my heart is in the right place here:
- One Tree - Don't think the US has heard this live
- Van Dieman's Land - it might not fit the show, but why not give Bono a 3 minute break - Edge has a great voice, and that's just a fantastic song.

Re: re: What is one song that you would want U2 to play on tour

daveydave said:
Not so upbeat - but my heart is in the right place here:
- One Tree - Don't think the US has heard this live

Actually, it debuted in the US on the third leg of the JT tour. 17 of the 38 performances of One Tree Hill were in the US.

Last edited:
The answer is simple and clean...
ACROBAT
ACROBAT
ACROBAT
ACROBAT
ACROBAT
ACROBAT
ACROBAT
ACROBAT

saltwaterkiss26 said:
Some of that good ol UF stuff that they never do. A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, Promenade... :heart:

A Sort Of Homecoming was played on the UF and JT tours, and appeared twice on Elevation. That said, I doubt it will come back. Wire probably won't return, though I'd like it to, and Promenade is like Acrobat in that it will never be played live. The song is too personal to Bono so it simply won't be played.

Originally posted by 2861U2
some Zooropa stuff too

Odds are that besides Stay, nothing from Zooropa will ever be played. I think The First Time would suit the acoustic set or snippeted in 40, and I'd like to believe The Wanderer will be played in tribute to Johnny Cash.

Back
Top Bottom