one show cities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arcadion

Acrobat
Anyone else think that the "standard" set lists will be used for just the first show of every city even if it's the only show?

Brussells got it, what about Cardiff?
It seems the surprises like OOTS, Wild Horses etc. will only be used for the 2nd and 3rd shows. I hope I'm wrong. I'm not complaining about this "standard" setlist but you all have to admit it can and has been much better, so why not use the best set for cities like brussells and cardiff?

Chances are, yes, this is what you'll get. They might tweak it a bit here and there, change one or two songs but standard practice has always been 1st nite setlist for 1 show cities. During the Joshua tree tour they played 10 different cities after another and they ALL got the exact same setlist. Your only hope is that during this tour they did do a few shows, San Jose and Vancouver, where they started by playing the 2nd nite setlist on the 1st show and reverse.

No, there was some minor variation back then. For the US outside broadcast tour SBS replaced Bad, with Bad alternating for 2nd nights. In the European Zooropa tour SBS alternated for 2nd nights. IWF and ISHFWILF were sometimes played during the accoustic sessions. After the release of Zooropa gradually more and more Zooropa songs made it to the bill as well. Zooropa, Babyface, Numb, Stay, Daddy, Dirty Day and Lemon were all played at some point. Some more then others but still.

Back
Top Bottom