One @ Live 8 had a good intro...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
When Bono began to speak, Edge played like a "City Of Blinding Lights" beginning before they went into 'One' anyone hear this?

they done this at manchester also..... i find it very very haunting a very teary eyed moment

:yes: I thought City of blinding lights was gonna be played next. Very interesting.

When Edge started playing that intro I thought they were going to play Crumbs. I was so excited! I thought they had just rearranged the intro a little to give Bono some time to talk but then I heard the One orchestral riff thingy on the background. Still good. It was a great performance. :up:

It rocked! I keep listening to that part over and over. It's definitely haunting. I wish Edge would do it all the time :)

When I saw live 8 broadcasting on TV I fix the moment at the end of One when Bono began to sing unchained melody and crowd start laughing. After that Bono turned head and started smiling too. Anybody know what happened?

Lilangi said:
When I saw live 8 broadcasting on TV I fix the moment at the end of One when Bono began to sing unchained melody and crowd start laughing. After that Bono turned head and started smiling too. Anybody know what happened?

Yeah - I just watched it again and there were 2 bits that caused a giggle. Don't know what the first was as the camera was on the crowd, but the second was when Edge hit a bum note and Bono turned and smiled.

Quite a nice "human" moment that I thought.

theyve actually been doing that for awhile. its not quite the same as city of blinding lights but it is similar. i know they did it from philadelphia on in america at the very least.

It's Edge's famed Shimmer effect. It's a guitar treatment that makes it sound like a keyboard/synth. Usually it's used in combination with his normal sound (i.e. All I Want is You from Slane), but for Live 8 it was just the shimmer sound you heard before One. Edge is a genious!!

Back
Top Bottom