omitting new album songs, live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking either Crumbs or AMaaW, i love them both but they can get lost in the shuffle

Do you think they'd play more of the new album than they did w/ Acthung Baby during Zoo TV b4 Zooropa?

*jic u don't kno, they played a maximum of 10 songs from AB*

LemonMacPhisto said:
*jic u don't kno, they played a maximum of 10 songs from AB*

Actually, they played eleven. In fact, you could say they played all twelve. So Cruel appeared rarely in snippets and was performed once with the whole band (1992-09-09 I think) and Acrobat was performed in part during the Hershey Rehearsals before the third leg.

U2's most performed album is Boy. Every single song from Boy and every single b-side were played live (yes, even Things To Make And Do, the only instrumental U2 have played live).

I do think that unless U2 enter into setlist rotation, songs from Hut Dab will be missed. Elevation sent a rotation precedent through such fixtures as AIWIY/Bad and Mysterious Ways+The Fly/ISHFWILF+Pride, so they probably will significantly rotate a number of old and new songs to fit everything they wish to play.

o, sry if I sounded arrogant and crap, I didn't kno they played Acrobat or So Cruel at all

i was just meaning full songs during the actual show

UnforgettableLemon said:
What was the max number of Acthung songs played in a single night, though?

The maximum is ten. Everything but Acrobat and So Cruel. On the night when a full and complete So Cruel was performed, WGRYWH, Ultra Violet, and Acrobat were omitted. I think at a few points, the ten usuals were played and So Cruel was snippeted, so I guess that would count as 10.5.

I honestly can't remember what was played during the Hershey rehearsals but portions of both So Cruel and Acrobat did appear.

(And LemonMacPhisto, didn't mean to come across wrong, I was just offering a simple correction.)

Back
Top Bottom