Okay , final guess the setlist this year (Portland)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Here`s my guess ,

01 - COBL
02 - Vertigo
03 - Elevation
04 - Gloria
05 - ISHFWILF
06 - B.Day
07 - OOTS
08 - SYCMIOYO
09 - LAPOE
10 - SBS
11 - Bullet
12 - Miss S
13 - Pride:madspit:
14 - Streets
15 - One

Encore 1

16 - UTEOTW
17 - MW or NYD ( could happen , coz it`s almost 2006 )
18 - WOWY

Encore 2

19 - Stuck
20 - Crumbs
21 - Yaweh
22 - Vertigo

I know not a lot of suprises , hope I`m so wrong and they will suprise everyone.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Expect no big surprises. Look at the December 2, 2001 Miami Elevation tour finale and compare it to the shows that came before it. Not all that much different and it was the tour finale, not just third leg and last show for 2005.

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Crumbs From Your Table
Fast Cars
Party Girl
Yahweh

I think we get Electric Co. one last time (hasn't been played since Nov. 28; that was also the last performance of ABOY until 12/17)... but I'm also holding out hope for Out of Control, which has been known to grace tour-closing shows before.

I also wouldn't rule out Bad working its way into the final encore, but my guess is that it will depend on how much band/crowd chemistry is developed to that point.

Also holding out hope for Party Girl and at least a snippet of Christmas Baby Please Come Home.

COBL
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
Still Haven't Found
Beautiful Day
Original
Sometimes
Love & Peace
Sunday
Bullet
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One
---
EOTW
Ways (gag)
WOWY (double gag)
---
Crumbs
Yahweh
Vertigo 2

broken toy said:
I think we get Electric Co. one last time (hasn't been played since Nov. 28; that was also the last performance of ABOY until 12/17)...

Actually, ABOY was also played on the 4th of December in the third encore with Fast Cars.

I'm hoping Electric Co. reappears, and it better make the fourth leg. In Portland, I'd hope to see at least one of Out Of Control, Fast Cars, and Party Girl. A full Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) would be really cool but I'm not expecting it.

The correct answer is ...

*drumroll*

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet) / Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) (snippet)
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Help (snippet)
Instant Karma! / Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (snippet)

Encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Happy Birthday
Yahweh

This setlist seems a little on the skimpy side. I mean, sure it was great for everybody inside, and that's all that matter. But it just seems short and like it's missing some key party moments that a last night of the tour should have. I would have figured ABOY and Party girl would make it in there. Maybe even Crumbs, since this is probably the end of it's live career. Fast Cars, to aid the party mood. I love the song Instant Karma, but it makes me mad when a band plays a cover instead of their own song when I paid to see them play their own songs.

However, I'm sure the whole Portland crowd enjoyed it, and that is all that matters. The band probably had to be out of the country by midnight again.

Great 2005 everyone!

Back
Top Bottom