Ok. They should play Mysterious Ways every night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It wasn't that great on Elevation, but now the guitar is much more clear, much more raw, and Bono have never done the song better. Honestly, I have never ever heard it better than Anaheim 1/2.
It's the highlight of the show (mp3-wise :wink: ) for me, and due to the total awesomeness of the performance, I can't be the only one. Who agrees, this song should be played on every concert?

Everybody is talking about how good Mysterious Ways is on this tour and, although it is great, I find it a bit inferior to the past versions. I'm a big fan of Mysterious Ways and I heard lots of versions, so I'm a little disappointed that Vertigo versions deleted some great live segments of the song:
Adam's opening bass riff
Edge's Elevation opening riff(I loved that)
Edge's keyboard intro(absent on Elevation as well)
Larry's intense drumming during the bridge from ZooTV and Popmart

The result is one of the shortest MW live versions ever(just above 5 minutes).
But, the energy is there and the guitar for sure sounds much better than it did on Elevation. It should stay on the setlists.

I disagree. Mysterious Ways is a good song and should be in the set on some nights - but i don't think it's still worthy of being in every show.

I just heard the Anaheim 2nd show version and it's freaking awesome! It's probably one of the best performances of this song I ever heard, it's great to swing along with it :)

Always loved it, always will.

however..

It may just be the recording, but the integral bass line is barely there.

Again it may the recording but the drums need to be pounded like larry's insane a bit more.

Edges guitar sounds great.

I always felt that Bono's performance on the main bulk of the song during elevation sounded weak compared to zoo and even popmart. Here I feel the same.. let's have a bit of the passion back.

Back
Top Bottom