Oakland 1 had many surprises, so Oakland 2 = ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
If Oakland 1 had Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World, Zoo Station, the Fly... then what does show 2 have in store? MOFO, Discotheque, Angel Of Harlem?

gareth brown said:
we can live in hope!! :combust:

Something tells me they are back to the big encores now, and have abandoned the acoustic set... let's hope atleast... :eyebrow:

I'd die if they play MOFO tonite (I'll be there) .. I love that song.

I sincerely doubt it. The Electric Co. and the acoustic songs will be back, but nothing more.

djerdap said:
I sincerely doubt it. The Electric Co. and the acoustic songs will be back, but nothing more.
how can you say that with 100% certanty? i mean, i never even expected them to play the vegas 2 setlist for oakland 1, so who really knows? who even expected them to switch the main set like that? who expected anything?

this tour has really kept people on there toes imo, yes theres been shows were the setlist was the same as the last etc, but then right out of nowhere things change,

KUEFC09U2 said:
how can you say that with 100% certanty? i mean, i never even expected them to play the vegas 2 setlist for oakland 1, so who really knows? who even expected them to switch the main set like that? who expected anything?

this tour has really kept people on there toes imo, yes theres been shows were the setlist was the same as the last etc, but then right out of nowhere things change,

The next day I will look back at this thread and say... "I told you so".

I do hope I'm wrong, BTW.

djerdap said:

The next day I will look back at this thread and say... "I told you so".

I do hope I'm wrong, BTW.
still means they changed it up? am not saying they "will" play mofo or whatever, all i am saying is they have changed it up, and if they do change back to the accoustic encores that still counts as them changing it, because it will be totally different to last nights concert,

people asked for them to change it up, and when they do people moan because its not the songs they wanted switching or whatever

I never expected to get the vegas 2 set last night, especially since it was on consecutive shows. Iwas thinking that might have been a vegas only deal and was bummed because I was at the 2 LA shows plus these 2 Oakland shows and thought I missed out. We took 2 people to their first show last night (and in the Ellipse) and it couldn't haven been better. I expect they'll close with Bad tonight (my personal fave), and I'm guessing the acoustic encore will return, plus I Will Follow or Out of Control will re-appear. Maybe Gloria.

Out of the likely possibilities for less played songs, I hope they bring out Original and Who's Gonna Ride tonight. I haven't heard either of them live and would be a very happy camper.

But Mofo would be even better. :drool:

tryan101 said:
I expect they'll close with Bad tonight (my personal fave), and I'm guessing the acoustic encore will return, plus I Will Follow or Out of Control will re-appear. Maybe Gloria.

I hope you're right for the most part, as long as they keep zoo station and the fly for the encore ( i have GAs tonight:drool: )

hahah, nice idea with the Wonder... perhaps if everyone in GA brought in a couple slices of bread and fired them at the stage, they would get the hint that Crumbs should be a permanent fixture in the set...

LyricalDrug said:
There will be a big curveball tonight, believe me. They always do something wild on the last show of a Bay Area visit.

Um, the curveball is me. I'm going to jump off the balcony, run across the stage, steal the Edge's guitar, and start playing "Another Day"!

tryan101 said:
I never expected to get the vegas 2 set last night, especially since it was on consecutive shows. Iwas thinking that might have been a vegas only deal and was bummed because I was at the 2 LA shows plus these 2 Oakland shows and thought I missed out. We took 2 people to their first show last night (and in the Ellipse) and it couldn't haven been better. I expect they'll close with Bad tonight (my personal fave), and I'm guessing the acoustic encore will return, plus I Will Follow or Out of Control will re-appear. Maybe Gloria.

4 for 4......

Hmm... IWF and Gloria the only two big rockers of the night... I thought the acoustic set was done for! :huh:

theu2fly said:
Hmm... IWF and Gloria the only two big rockers of the night... I thought the acoustic set was done for! :huh:
elevation? vertigo? beautiful day? plus love and peace? they seem very rocking to me

Back
Top Bottom