NY in NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they do play it, do you think it will be the original, the post 9/11 version?

New York, at most, will get "snippeted" tonight. I believe Angel of Harlem is a more likely candidate to be played.

Playing New York in New York on this tour, given the touchiness of 9/11, might a bit too tacky for the band. Just my guess...

The band have rehearsed New York, so I think it'll be played. Pattern says that songs about cities are GENERALLY played in their city (or country or whatever it might be), but this rule by no means holds fast.

yeah, but New York's a bit of a problem when it comes to that theory as there's tonnes of songs that mention/relate to it. From the top of my head, City Of Blinding Lights, New York and Angel Of Harlem, but I'm sure there's a couple more.

According to Axver's Vertigo tour site, the setlist shows a snippet of New York, New York - Sinatra. Not New York on ATYCLB.

omg-Frank's song

Hey I deserve some credit here hahahaha...but REALLY..I suggested about 2 weeks ago that Bono should sing New York, New York at MSG..now Im reading all this stuff about it,,,,well did he sing it or not-Ihave not seen the setlist yet......do tell:)

Back
Top Bottom