Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

I just want to make the case to axver and the setlist gods that monday's performance of norwegian wood had nothing to do with original of the species.
Bono had has guitar, the tech is about to take it from him so they can start the next song, and he just starts playing it randomly....it was only maybe a minute and a half or 2 minutes, but it was clearly an impromptu performance that no one else expected, so I'm not sure what you would call it.
Annnyway, it was an amazing show, they def. were having fun out there.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #2
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Re: Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ifeelnumb84
I just want to make the case to axver and the setlist gods that monday's performance of norwegian wood had nothing to do with original of the species.
That's why I've chosen to list it as a proper song on U2VT. It wasn't a part of OOTS (or SYCMIOYO) at all, and is it right that Bono sung the majority of the song? By all accounts that I've read, it doesn't sound like it could be construed as a snippet.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-09-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Re: Re: Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That's why I've chosen to list it as a proper song on U2VT. It wasn't a part of OOTS (or SYCMIOYO) at all, and is it right that Bono sung the majority of the song? By all accounts that I've read, it doesn't sound like it could be construed as a snippet.
speaking of snippets, help was actually snipetted twice in hartford. at the end of vertigo and one. i forgot he did it in vertigo.

/end hijack.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
Vocal parasite

Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation

speaking of snippets, help was actually snipetted twice in hartford. at the end of vertigo and one. i forgot he did it in vertigo.

/end hijack.
Cool, thanks for that!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-09-2005, 05:08 AM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 11:44 PM
Hey, Axver - slightly veering off topic but staying on snippets -

I don't know if this has been posted before (I can't remember seeing it) and its not on the U2VT site, but If You Wear That Velvet Dress was snippeted at the Gothenburg 29 7 05 show.

It happens right at the end of AIWIY as the COBL keyboards start up - sounds nice

Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:12 AM   #6
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by U2mixer
Hey, Axver - slightly veering off topic but staying on snippets -

I don't know if this has been posted before (I can't remember seeing it) and its not on the U2VT site, but If You Wear That Velvet Dress was snippeted at the Gothenburg 29 7 05 show.

It happens right at the end of AIWIY as the COBL keyboards start up - sounds nice

Just thought I'd let you know.
Oooh, thanks so much for that! I was aware Velvet Dress had been snippeted at some point during July in Europe, but I didn't know what show and I was quite curious!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 05:44 PM
def not a snippet...it wasnt played in full...but was not played in the chords of oots or sometimes are anything....completely stood on its own
Old 12-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:44 AM
I really liked it how, at the end of the song Bono looked at The Edge and Edge giving him a thumbs up. As a 'good job Bono... for remembering (most of) the lyrics'.