Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
I just want to make the case to axver and the setlist gods that monday's performance of norwegian wood had nothing to do with original of the species.
Bono had has guitar, the tech is about to take it from him so they can start the next song, and he just starts playing it randomly....it was only maybe a minute and a half or 2 minutes, but it was clearly an impromptu performance that no one else expected, so I'm not sure what you would call it.
Annnyway, it was an amazing show, they def. were having fun out there.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
I just want to make the case to axver and the setlist gods that monday's performance of norwegian wood had nothing to do with original of the species.

That's why I've chosen to list it as a proper song on U2VT. It wasn't a part of OOTS (or SYCMIOYO) at all, and is it right that Bono sung the majority of the song? By all accounts that I've read, it doesn't sound like it could be construed as a snippet.

Re: Re: Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

Axver said:

That's why I've chosen to list it as a proper song on U2VT. It wasn't a part of OOTS (or SYCMIOYO) at all, and is it right that Bono sung the majority of the song? By all accounts that I've read, it doesn't sound like it could be construed as a snippet.

speaking of snippets, help was actually snipetted twice in hartford. at the end of vertigo and one. i forgot he did it in vertigo.

/end hijack.

Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Wood 12/5/05...a snippet?

StlElevation said:

speaking of snippets, help was actually snipetted twice in hartford. at the end of vertigo and one. i forgot he did it in vertigo.

/end hijack.

Cool, thanks for that! :)

Hey, Axver - slightly veering off topic but staying on snippets -

I don't know if this has been posted before (I can't remember seeing it) and its not on the U2VT site, but If You Wear That Velvet Dress was snippeted at the Gothenburg 29 7 05 show.

It happens right at the end of AIWIY as the COBL keyboards start up - sounds nice :)

Just thought I'd let you know.

U2mixer said:
Hey, Axver - slightly veering off topic but staying on snippets -

I don't know if this has been posted before (I can't remember seeing it) and its not on the U2VT site, but If You Wear That Velvet Dress was snippeted at the Gothenburg 29 7 05 show.

It happens right at the end of AIWIY as the COBL keyboards start up - sounds nice :)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Oooh, thanks so much for that! I was aware Velvet Dress had been snippeted at some point during July in Europe, but I didn't know what show and I was quite curious! :)

def not a snippet...it wasnt played in full...but was not played in the chords of oots or sometimes are anything....completely stood on its own

I really liked it how, at the end of the song Bono looked at The Edge and Edge giving him a thumbs up. As a 'good job Bono... for remembering (most of) the lyrics'. :D

Back
Top Bottom