Nominations for Best Vertigo Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ValKnight007

The Fly
This is going to take a bit of patience. What I am attempting is to compile a list of the best from Vertigo//2005. I know many of you have every show available, so I'm sure you've heard everything. What I need is for everyone to post the name of a song that was played in any show, and list the best dates for that song. After a little while, I will list the nominations in a poll and we will vote to see which is the best.

//Maybe, we will get the chance to make a giant collection of the best of Vertigo 2005??//

Any version of The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) has to be on such a collection. That particular combination was amazing - maybe the definitive Electric Co.

I agree with Axver, and would like to add a couple of others:

Miss Sarajevo - TOronto II - this version totally changed my opinion on this song.

Who's GOnna Ride Your Wild Horses - i'm not sure the best version, but the ones I've heard have been really excellent

Original of the Species - one of the Milan performances with the full orchestra

Love and Peace or Else - the Katrina benefit thing (I know they were playing to an empty arena, but the performance was dead on.

Harbinger said:
I agree with Axver, and would like to add a couple of others:

Miss Sarajevo - TOronto II - this version totally changed my opinion on this song.

Who's GOnna Ride Your Wild Horses - i'm not sure the best version, but the ones I've heard have been really excellent

Original of the Species - one of the Milan performances with the full orchestra

Love and Peace or Else - the Katrina benefit thing (I know they were playing to an empty arena, but the performance was dead on.

I'll agree with all of those. Regarding WGRYWH, I'm biased because I was there, but I'd have to go with UTEOTW --> WGRYWH from Boston III. It's the only time so far this tour that that combo has been done and it was an absolutely incredible ten or so minutes. UTEOTW was absolutely scorching, and then ... Wild Horses, just wow. Wow.

Original Of The Species from MSG 5/21 - when it was played right, quite, serene, just keyboards and vocals, before they made it like the album version.

Beautiful Day Amsterdam III - the last guitar part just went on and on. Great performance.

Axver said:
Any version of The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) has to be on such a collection. That particular combination was amazing - maybe the definitive Electric Co.

Until they did the "See Me, Feel Me" version. Maybe on recording it doesn't sounds as good, but I have found that version significantly better than the "I can see for miles" one. And that says a lot because it was already great as it was.

When you see it live that last bit is just mind-blowing, with Bono reaching out to every corner of the arena.:drool:

40 - Dublin 3

80,000+ people singing "How long to sing this song"... it doesn't get much better than that! :D

Axver said:

I agree.

My favourite:

I Will Follow from the 2nd Milan. May have been the highlight of the show, the performance is so amazing. Performance-wise, the best thing I saw this tour maybe.

Other stuff:

Miss Sarajevo, 2nd Milan, because well, it's better than the others I've heard, and I bet it's amongst the best from the tour since well, it's Italy.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Dublin 1. It's better than Amsterdam 3 and Boston 3, that's for sure.

Bullet The Blue Sky was awesome in Copenhagen, best I've heard of that one.

One was absolutely spectacular in Dublin. The Copenhagen one was crap though :p

Any version of The Electric Co.
It's so freaking amazing each time, it's so good that it's scary.

Of course all of this is quite biased, but I have all 4 bootlegs and I've heard 5-10 other bootlegs from start to finish. I'm serious about I Will Follow from Milan though.

Last edited:
Electric co Manchester 14th Bono complimented the Edge saying "nice one the edge"

With or without you Manchester 14th,simply stunning especially with Love will tear us apart and transmission snippets.

best song

WGRYWH AmsterdamIII
Miss sarajevo Amsterdam III
Original Chicago III ( i believe )

Best song this tour...........original of species
Favorite moment......adam recognizing me at amsterdam III during the show and shaking hands with me.

SEE you at MSG

the edges plec said:
Electric co Manchester 14th Bono complimented the Edge saying "nice one the edge"

With or without you Manchester 14th,simply stunning especially with Love will tear us apart and transmission snippets.
:yes:

Zoo Station for me. I thought they'd never play it again after the Zoo tour, and it's one of my favourite songs. They performed it brilliantly when I saw them - real power and swagger. The slots intro was also great.

Well I was at the Boston II show so here are some of the highlights: the Bad/40 - Larry's drumming was smack on

Out of Control- Bono directing them into the song, pretty cool

Vertigo w/ Walk this Way snippet

Miracle Drug - New Jersey II

(if you've heard it you'll know why, heven't heard him sing it like this since! miracle DRUUUUUUUUUUUG)

Bullet the Blue Sky - Toronto II

Fast Cars - Toronto IV

oRIGIONAL OF THE sPECIES - Milan II

thats all I can remembe for now!

Vertigo - Seattle II (the shut the fuck up! one)

COBL - Vancouver, the one in the music video

Bullet the Blue Sky - Toronto II
Miss Sarajevo - Toronto II

I'll have to think of more.

Discotheque from Chicago was my favorite moment of the whole tour. it sounded unbelievably awesome. i cant wait for an mp3 to surface :drool:

If I had been at the show on the 20th I would have to say Discotheque but I was a loser and didn;t try hard enough to get a ticket for the show. :grumpy:

SO! I'm going to have to go with Bad/For the First Time from the 21st.

the electric co & the popmart intro to & incl discotheque from toronto 4.. and also i would love to hear how edge came to earth again. that was a great laugh..

Last edited:
Beautiful Day Chicago III

The First Time/Bad Chicago 9/20!!

Electric Co. 9/20 or 9/21

Discotheque 9/20

Original of the Species 9/21 or Chicago III

Back
Top Bottom