No one agrees with anyone else on this forum, expect for one thing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chrissybaby said:
3 posts up i said bad had become a parody of itself....
I actually meant One....oops!

yeah i thought you were a little whacky for saying that. i agree about One though ;)

Yeah, "One" was tiring on the Vertigo Tour.....never did much for me any of the four times they played it.........would be better near the very end of the show right before a closing number ("Yahweh", "Bad", "Walk On", etc...)........the whole "take out your cellphone rant" got old quick for anyone seeing the show multiple times.....

"Where The Streets Have No Name" was cool with the African thing.....a nice little switchup and the song is still powerful.......probably their best ever live track aside from "Bad".....

DPrinceNY said:
Where the streets have no name MUST be played on every single tour until U2 decide to retire as a band. I dont think anyone in their right mind can disagree with this...

Likely the truest comment ever posted. NO song in the history of songs lifts a crowd the way this song does. It's epic even on it's bad nights.

This tour has proven to me that yes, there CAN be too much of a good thing.
Soon there is only going to be one slot for a new song each tour.
They have become JUKE let's hope they don't find the BOX.
Time to really change up the setlist instead of just talking about it before every tour to get our hopes up.

Iskra said:
This tour has proven to me that yes, there CAN be too much of a good thing.
Soon there is only going to be one slot for a new song each tour.
They have become JUKE let's hope they don't find the BOX.
Time to really change up the setlist instead of just talking about it before every tour to get our hopes up.

That's when songs like New years Day, SBS, Pride and yes even possibly One take a leave of abscence but never Streets.:wink: At least not in my opinion.

I think that "One", "Pride", "Bullet" and "SBS" are all due for retirement before Streets. It is the centrepoint of the show and even though I am not a huge fan of it, is amazing live and gets everyone going. For this reason, it should end the main set since no song can adequately follow it.

Back
Top Bottom