New Years Day has gone missing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
where has this song gone? it was the perfect transition from the opening up-tempo songs of the show into the political part of the show. has it not been played since chicago? (i guess that means we get it on the dvd)

Yes a bit sad. All 3 chicago performances were well done and rocked the house hard!!! The crowd was really into NYD!

It breaks my heart that it's gone. :sad: Thankfully the 4 shows I've been to so far have had NYD. That guitar solo made me an Edge fan. It was the first song where I really noticed his guitar playing and it's become my favorite live song. I'm so upset it's not being played anymore. I have more shows in the future so hopefully they'll bring it back.

I bet it'll make it's return. The band might be giving NYD a rest for now. Maybe they're thinking about adding Crumbs. Perhaps they've been working on Crumbs during rehearsals and figured if it doesn't work out they can always rely on NYD. If I remember correctly, I think NYD got a break during a small portion of the Elevation tour. For awhile Mysterious Ways would follow UTEOTW instead of NYD, especially right around the time of the Boston DVD shoot.

it's odd that New Year's Day wasn't on the Pop setlist until later in the tour (and I had to be at one of the early shows without it or Sunday Bloody Sunday:( ), but this tour it's on the early shows and taken off later in the tour.

zoopop said:
^^^^
Last Night On Earth
Until the End of the World
New Years Day

:drool: at the Popmart

I hear ya man...in Dallas (5/12/97) it was:
Last Night On Earth
Until The End Of The World
and a really horrific attempt of If God Will Send His Angels

*smiley face puking*

good thing every other U2 show I've been to has been great!

bono_man2002 said:
It'll be back, it's always come back :)
No doubt about it!

Personally, I don't mind if they skip it every now and then, since we've heard it a billion times before. But I do like the song, and I enjoy it when they play it.

Anyone worried about not hearing it on this tour should just wait for the DVD. Then you can hear it as many times as you want.

It returned in Boston big time and was one of the biggest crowd pleasures of the night. Everyone went wild.

I guess it's like sex with the same person. You need to take time off and then come back to it again to appriciate it all over again.

Then took it away and when it came back, we realized how much we loved it so.

Now, if they'd only give Pride and Streets a rest for awhile, I might enjoy them better when they returned. As it now stands, those two songs have really worn out their welcome IMHO.

Pride, Streets and Bullet, PLEASE stop playing these songs!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

JUST STOP IT! i may be tired of some songs too, but i don't bitch about it. GET OVER IT. you have no say in the matter, so be thankful that you are hearing those songs over hearing nothing. i just can't believe some of the complainers on this forum that call themselves u2 fans. i hope the band never sees this. i would be ashamed.

I don't mean to be complaining about it because I've been lucky enough to have seen U2 a bunch of times but I am tired of these songs and they could just rotate them in and out of shows now.

Marik, as much as I hate to admit it your right about all of this BITCHING, I'm just happy they're out on tour and still blowing my mind.

Back
Top Bottom