New Setlist... with changed structure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
As of what I've read... and knowing that there'll be a 9 minute break video about the Declaration of Human Rights.. also knowing that YAHWEH WILL be played... and with the rehearsing songs... I'd say this

00 - some Vertigo remix
01 - Vertigo *Stories For Boys*
02 - All Because Of You
03 - Desire /
04 - The Fly
05 - An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart (one song)
06 - Original Of The Species
07 - Mysterious Ways
08 - Out Of Control /
09 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
10 - One Step Closer
11 - Crumbs From Your Table

Break - AIDS Video (just a guess... as there's a HR video)

12 - MLK/Miracle Drug
13 - Until the End Of The World /
14 - Yahweh
15 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
16 - Angel Of Harlem
17 - A Man And A Woman
18 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For /
19 - Where The Streets Have No Name
20 - Walk On

Break - Human Rights Video

21 - Love And Peace Or Else /
22 - Bullet The Blue Sky /
23 - Running to Stand Still
24 - With Or Without You
25 - One
26 - Pride (in The Name Of Love) (with MLK video)

Encore (just one)

27 - Beautiful Day
28 - I Will Follow
29 - City Of Blinding Lights

/ = melted with the next song

If they put one video.. why not 2? :wink:

that's one version...

this is Nº2

00 - Intro
01 - Vertigo *Stories For Boys*
02 - All Because Of You
03 - Desire /
04 - The Fly
05 - Electric Co. /
06 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
07 - Original Of The Species
08 - Until The End Of the World /
09 - Yahweh
10 - Crumbs From Your Table
11 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Break - Human Rights Video

12 - Love And Peace Or Else /
13 - Bullet The Blue Sky /
14 - Running To Stand Still
15 - Miracle Drug /
16 - Gloria
17 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
18 - With Or Without You
19 - Please /
20 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Break - U2's 25 years Video

21 - Zoo Station
22 - I Will Follow /
23 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
24 - Lemon /
25 - Where The Streets Have No Name
26 - Pride (In the Name Of Love)

Encore

27 - Beautiful Day
28 - One
29 - City Of Blinding Lights

there...

Last edited:
yeah, considering u2 plays no fewer than 30 songs a night, i'd say your setlist is pretty much deadon.

not a fan of the 90's are we?

Achtung Baby is my favorite album.. but I couldn't seem to put them anywere.. specially Even Better Than The Real Thing

fullautoreverse said:
doesnt it also mention somewhere the 9 1/2 minute break will incorporate yahweh?

No, they were two separate things. In the article in question, they mention how the visual designer was creating artwork for performances of Yahweh and how she had also worked on a 9 1/2 minute presentation for the encore break.

the only concerts that i see them doing anything special (ie extra long concert) is on the 9/12 concert (day after 9/11, and start of 3rd leg) or around the aniversary of bono's father's death

there have been concerts in teh past where u2 has played 25-30 songs, but it definately won't be regularly

but think there's a 9 minute break... they could do another one and rest a lot more... they can make it... and my set list is just 6-7 songs longer that the rest, so..

Way too many songs...............and I guarantee that "Walk On" will be closing nearly every show......

BigMacPhisto said:
Way too many songs...............and I guarantee that "Walk On" will be closing nearly every show......

would u like to put money on that? no chance u2 repeats themselves by using the same closing song on back to back tours. That would be aweful.

i'm all for the videos, but no for one on AIDS or anything to do with Bono's work. I'm all for his work, I just don't want it to be brought into the concerts. A speech before "one" is enough.

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:
the only concerts that i see them doing anything special (ie extra long concert) is on the 9/12 concert (day after 9/11, and start of 3rd leg) or around the aniversary of bono's father's death

there have been concerts in teh past where u2 has played 25-30 songs, but it definately won't be regularly

I don't think U2 has ever hit 30 songs; Popmart had their longest regular set ever and I know they hit 25 - excluding snippets, Pop Muzik, and the taped Lemon mix - at some European shows.

Really, I should try to find the longest U2 set ever. You'd think I'd know it off by heart.

Last edited:
Well, be disappointed no more - it seems my initial guess was actually right and a couple of European Popmart gigs can lay claim to the longest set, sans snippets. Edit: a couple of European ZooTV sets come to the same total.

Last edited:
RademR said:
damn, i thought I almost caught you on a setlist error.

Heh, you kind of have. I'm still not 100% sure what is U2's longest set, and of course, you have differing criteria - song total or concert time. I can't judge the latter as I don't have every bootleg, and the former, there may be some other concert somewhere ...

Here's my guess -- one that was made *before* all of the rumors started going around.

--U2 Setlist--
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
New Year's Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Electrical Storm
Mysterious Ways
A Man and a Woman

--Acoustic Set--
One Step Closer
The Hands That Built America
- - - - - - - - - - -

The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
Yahweh

--First Encore--
Love and Peace or Else
Crumbs From Your Table
With or Without You
Out of Control

--Second Encore--
All Because of You
Beautiful Day
One

BigMacPhisto said:

Most of the time they open and end the show with a song of the album they are touring.

red cucumbers

wishful thinking. If you're that curious, check my latest post under the MERGED thread. I updated what their setlist will be for at least the first few shows. Thanks!

ckonanz said:

Most of the time they open and end the show with a song of the album they are touring.

Not true.

Boy Tour - Not really applicable, but even here, when they had barely anything else to play, they sometimes closed with other material, like 11 O'clock Tick Tock or Father Is An Elephant.
October Tour - The Ocean from Boy.
War Tour - 40 from War.
The Unforgettable Fire Tour - 40 from War.
The Joshua Tree Tour - 40 from War, with a couple of exceptions.
Lovetown Tour - typically 40 from War.
ZooTV Tour - Love Is Blindness from Achtung Baby.
Popmart Tour - One from Achtung Baby, then as the tour progressed, Bono-and-Edge-only performances of songs, only one of which (Wake Up Dead Man) was from Pop. Three songs closed Popmart 20 times: One, Unchained Melody, and Wake Up Dead Man.
Elevation Tour - Walk On from All That You Can't Leave Behind.

So as you can see, only on three tours did they consistently close with a song from the new album - War, ZooTV, and Elevation.

disagree - it will be Neon Lights / Yahweh or one step closer...

they wont repeat structure from elevation...that'd not be origional...

Back
Top Bottom