New setlist rumors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Found this on atu2.com forum. Supposed source is from U2place.com forum. Courtesy of some guy who doesn't speak English, so he's using a very bad translator...

Paul McRyan (U2.place com's forum) tells to have informally chatted with Bono and he says that they are trying one pieces tide
but those that of sure will play are

Vertigo(sure will use like intro to the concert), City of blinding lights, Original of the species, Yahweh, Miracle drug, Sometimes..., Love and peace of else, All because of you from the new record, and they are trying beyond to pieces icona are,
Who's gonna ride your wild horses, ULTRA VIOLET, LOVE IS BLINDNESS, The unforgettable fire, 40, running to standing still.

Maybe some of this songs will appear on the new setlist:
Vertigo
City of blinding lights
The will follow
Miracle drug
until the and of the world
Walk on
sunday bloody sunday
Sometimes you can' t make it on your own
all because of you
running to standing still
stuck in to moment
still haven' t found what.....
New year' s day
Pride
who' s gonna ride your wild horses
bullet the blue sky
All the want is you
Where the streets have not name
With or without you
love and peace of else
One
Yahweh

Interesting that this is already second mention of reappearance of Ultra Violet and Love is Blindness. I pray to God these rumors are true, at least. Where are Crumbs, by the way? And I hate that middle combo(Stuck-Still Haven't Found-NYD-Pride).

I espacially cannot wait for the first performance of "The Will Follow"!

I doubt that will be the actual set, just a list of songs that have a chance to be played this tour.....I mean UTEOTW / Walk On.....that just doenst work for me...

and I also think crumbs will be added to that list.

Last edited:
The setlist is obviously somewhat out of order and not complete - after all, the person says they spoke to Bono and ABOY will be played, but ABOY doesn't show up on that set.

Interesting about the other songs, though. Where did we get Ultra Violet and Love Is Blindness rumours before? I remember fake Edge said Ultra Violet, but that's it. WGRYWH makes some sense as the band snippeted it in some length during the Elevation Tour. UF has been already rumoured and was definitely done pre-Elevation. 40 and RTSS are always possibilities.

Come on Bono, make my One/Yahweh/40 encore come true!

Axver said:
The setlist is obviously somewhat out of order and not complete - after all, the person says they spoke to Bono and ABOY will be played, but ABOY doesn't show up on that set.

Interesting about the other songs, though. Where did we get Ultra Violet and Love Is Blindness rumours before? I remember fake Edge said Ultra Violet, but that's it. WGRYWH makes some sense as the band snippeted it in some length during the Elevation Tour. UF has been already rumoured and was definitely done pre-Elevation. 40 and RTSS are always possibilities.

Come on Bono, make my One/Yahweh/40 encore come true!

ABOY does show, after Sometimes.
Ultra Violet/LIB rumors were on the posted setlist which was supposedly transscribed from a Bono interview on MTV.

djerdap said:

Ultra Violet/LIB rumors were on the posted setlist which was supposedly transscribed from a Bono interview on MTV.

Ah, I'm silly, of course it does. But I was onto something - OOTS is said to be certain but is not on that setlist. Also, the placement of ABOY is obviously out of order. I could accept those songs, but the order is very wrong.

I haven't seen that interview. Does anyone actually have a transcript?

mtv interview?

when was this ..did it show you the so called set list?
well suggested one if we can call it that

would luv to see this mtv interview
or get a transcript

cheers BB Mac

Like I said, guys, there were only rumors that this interview really occured. There were talks about it on the U2eastlink.com forum.

where the streets have not name is gonna rock. running to standing still is my fav song of all time :) i think he forgot one, i think thier doing hold them thiill us kiss you forget me on tour too. :)

boosterjuice said:
I would love to hear ultraviolet live.

That would be such a breath of fresh air. The only other songs I want to make an apperence are:

Last Night On Earth
Gloria
Twilight
Mofo (wishful thinking)

I think these are some rockers that could fit with the Vertigo theme.

djerdap said:

I also remember reading in early 2004, someone posted on this forum, that Bono said he'd like to try Dirty day and Ultraviolet again live.

With the size of U2's catalog, I will be extremely surprised (and somewhat disappointed, to be honest) if they don't do rotation of their songs.

give me a break

Please stop with these bogus posts claiming to have an inside source. I am the inside source and I already posted the songs that they will be playing (minus a few surprises of course!) If you want a true gauge of what will be played regularly, check my previous posts. Thank you.

Re: give me a break

bigloader said:
Please stop with these bogus posts claiming to have an inside source. I am the inside source and I already posted the songs that they will be playing (minus a few surprises of course!) If you want a true gauge of what will be played regularly, check my previous posts. Thank you.

You have to be kidding me.
Bigloader, whether you are phony or not, the level of stupidity in that post exceeds your credibility.
"I AM THE INSIDE SOURCE!!!" :madspit:
Feels like kindergarten...

Re: give me a break

bigloader said:

Out of all of the people here claiming to have an inside source, you are the least credible.

Ultraviolet, Running to Stand Still, now that would be great. There were also rumors about Lemon being practiced last week when they were in Mexico... :drool:

I don't think I've ever heard Unforgettable Fire live before. When was it played and how does it sound? I love that song, but can't imagine how it would sound live, especially in 2005.

I'm sure they will rotate a little bit, probably like they did during Elevation, although I doubt more than that. Especially in mutliple-night cities, there wil be some variation for sure.

oceane said:
I don't think I've ever heard Unforgettable Fire live before. When was it played and how does it sound? I love that song, but can't imagine how it would sound live, especially in 2005.

It was played over 200 times from its live debut on 2 September 1984 through the UF, JT, and Lovetown tours until its last show on 6 January 1990. I think it was absolutely sensational live, especially on the JT Tour. A brilliant masterpiece.

I'm the inside source, the real inside source, all you other inside sources are just imitating, so won't the real inside source please stand up, please stand up, please stand up :|

as for these songs, I don't see them NOT playing Beautiful Day regularly....

From ZOOPTOPIA forum:
paul mcryan nell'IRISH TIMES you look u2 at the test in vancouver and this is the set list test for this moment

Vertigo
City of blinding lights
I will follow
Miracle drug
until the and of the world
beautiful day
sunday bloody sunday
all because of you
ultra violet

- acoustic break-
running to standing still
stuck in a moment
october

still haven't found what.....
New year's day
Pride
who's gonna ride wild horses
bullet the blue sky
All I want is you
Where the streets have no name

Sometimes you can't make it on your own
love and peace of else
With or without you
one
Yahweh

That's actually a really decent setlist. The inclusion of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Running to Stand Still, Ultraviolet, and October would certainly satisfy my desire to see some old tunes dusted off for the show. I also really hope that I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For makes more regular appearances on the setlist than it has in the last couple of U2 tours.

I would be very pleased with this setlist.

Thats a real solid setlist. The first 9 songs are rockers. We'll be ready to pass out if they went at that rate. I'm too fond of:

New year's day
Pride

wtonis said:
From ZOOPTOPIA forum:
paul mcryan nell'IRISH TIMES you look u2 at the test in vancouver and this is the set list test for this moment

one
Yahweh

Axver - your closing trifecta looks closer by the minute -- heck, all you need is the fans to start in on 40.

If fans sing 40 after the house lights come on, AND the band came back out to join the fans, would that technically be a "Reverse Encore"??

Hmmm.

Bigloader has allowed me to reveal his inside source.....

source.jpg

wtonis said:

New year's day
Pride
who's gonna ride wild horses
bullet the blue sky
All I want is you
Where the streets have no name

I really love U2, but this section is somewhat dreaful. Not because they are bad songs, which they are not ( I mean most are masterpieces) but I'm sick of this songs been played live. I understand Where the Streets have no name and thank God Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses is there. but the rest... Why not other songs?

Well, I know this is just a rumour...

yes i agree.
generally an unadventurous list - good rocking opening section but so predictable later on - both the songs and the format.
surely the old reliables streets, pride, bullet, w/out you etc. are no longer necessary to form the backbone/climax of the sets?
and wild horses - wasn't it dropped for a reason halfway through zoo tv?
stuff like ultraviolet seems quite imaginative. how many more 'forgotten' classics are there?
and this yahweh business - i hope u2 haven't been reading the forums and seeing that so many people want this at the end. its CRAP! I can't imagine a worse, more pompous, fists in the air 1980's ending to a show. STOP following the same old format.

brwh1 said:
surely the old reliables streets, pride, bullet, w/out you etc. are no longer necessary to form the backbone/climax of the sets?

Agree totally.

There is no question that U2 can blow us away with these songs. I'm hoping they use other tools to get the job done.

Kudos to them for continually re-inventing Bullet to some extent (although I maintain that it needs a rest, big-time), but Streets, With or Without You, Pride, New Year's Day, etc. stay the same. Pride has basically lost all its "oomph" for me, which is too bad.

By insisting on "the big four" from JT, plus SBS, NYD and Pride, that's a third of the show that is quite predictable and has been done to death. They could do half of those, still leave people feeling like they'd seen some "hits," and open up room for new experiments.

I can't sign on for the anti-Yahweh sentiments, unless I see/hear it and it stinks. U2 has always been pretty sappy/sentimental, but it's earnest. I loved the amped-up Walk On closer; that was darn spiritual, and it holds up well on disc. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for Yahweh or any of the other new songs.

I really don't think they'll be playing FIVE songs from the Joshua Tree on a nightly basis. Of course, I'd love to hear Running, but they'd have to drop something else. Streets is going nowhere, neither is bullet. So I say they give WOWY the boot, as Running is a ballad and a better song anyway. I don't even know why ISHFWILF is back in the setlist. It was rightfully retired a while ago.

The list is rather suspect as it doesn't have ANY songs from POP or Zooropa. This is an experimental-U2 haters list. I don't think they will completely overlook 2 albums worth of material.

laz

Back
Top Bottom