New leg, new stage design, new setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
They said there is going to be a new stage design for the 2nd leg of the tour, and that made me wonder if there are going to be any changes to the setlist?

A b-stage is going to be put up for the new design, so there's a possibility of acoustic songs a la ZOO TV...

I think also, more older material will make an appearance as well, it seems older material has been popular in other countries, than America...

Bullet in its current form will go. The song itself will probably be played, but not the way it is currently being done. It's an extremely Americentric version that wouldn't work in Europe, and as RTSS is very much tied into this version of Bullet, I have a bit of doubt about whether it will last.

I also think we may see Vertigo opening, or at least something with punch. From what I hear about European audiences, an opener like COBL wouldn't work as well as songs like Mofo did.

I just hope the older, rarer stuff like Electric Co. stays. I'm betting on some Zooropa or Pop material showing up.

axver, do you got reviews up for the shows in Boston? I wanted to read your experiences for your first u2 shows

Axver said:
Bullet in its current form will go. The song itself will probably be played, but not the way it is currently being done. It's an extremely Americentric version that wouldn't work in Europe, and as RTSS is very much tied into this version of Bullet, I have a bit of doubt about whether it will last.

I think Bullet and RTSS stay, but the snippet of The Hands That Built America goes away. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a snippet of Electrical Storm after Bullet instead.

Obviously, I was only referring to the title of the song itself as being the snippet, tying in "sky" and "storm" - of course, if they played Electrical Storm in its entiretly elsewhere, that would be even better.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the acoustic section tbh, Always felt it slowed things down too much (especially during elevation)

I'd rather get my butt kicked the whole way through.

Prehaps the first nights in europe will have the boy songs and the second nights the Pop/Zooropa songs, and to those place with 3 dates...more rarities (at least from this tour)

bono_man2002 said:
Prehaps the first nights in europe will have the boy songs and the second nights the Pop/Zooropa songs, and to those place with 3 dates...more rarities (at least from this tour)

I doubt it. There's quite a few places where only one show is being played eg. Cardiff, Glasgow etc.

But will Edge's bluesy solo stay??
It was a great lead into the "hands" snippet and they obviously won't be doing that in Europe.

So will they go back to the old solo? I mean, their obviously going to play the song every night.

i really dislike the current versions of bullet, its much slower then it used to be, i really dont like it

and ive never ever liked rtss

id love to see electrical storm :wink:

I liked the new version simply because Bullet is the one song on u2's setlist that I've been saying they should rotate. It's a great live song, but every single night is too much.

So if I had to hear it, I would like to hear a new version. But overall ya, the ZooTV version kills it.

I dunno....Bullet is one of those songs that's easy on Bono's voice, so I'd be surprised if they took it out. It's a nice breather for Bono while being a nice Edge/band showcase. I really can't imagine a show without it, warhorse though it may be...

I'm hoping for a huge setlist revamp, but I'm doubting it will happen. Maybe 1 or 2 songs will be different, but here's to hoping.

I don't think Electrical Storm will every show up live. I don't think Bono can play the acoustic with enough drive to make the song work. Kite was the only song ever where you could actually hear his guitar (as in, it was a major part of the mix), but that was such a basic strum pattern. The acoustic is so important to that song and I don't think Bono could pull off the vocals and guitar. All my opinion of course. I would kill to hear that song though, even if it sucked.

I'm just hoping that they keep electric co,an cat dubh and gloria these songs still sound so fresh and i'm sure the band enjoy playing them.

the edges plec said:
I'm just hoping that they keep electric co,an cat dubh and gloria these songs still sound so fresh and i'm sure the band enjoy playing them.

I have no doubt that the older stuff will stay. European audiences (given I was a member of the U2 European audience for a long number of years before moving out to Oz) love the older stuff.

I know for a fact a lot of my friends, some of whom have seen U2 on every tour have been very excited at the prospect of hearing songs like The Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, The Ocean, Gloria etc again.

I have a feeling that they will play songs from Pop and Zooropa. I agree with the earlier statement about Bullet being a showcase/Edge type song but I think they might drop/rotate Bullet or maybe even Pride? Who knows it kinda fun to speculate though. All you Euro's have a great summer with the boys!!!!
Fall can't arrive soon enough.

yahweh I think would be played on the b-stage in the middle of the set list and not near the end.

Back
Top Bottom