Mysterious Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope that when they get to Boston, this won't be in the setlist anymore. I was bummed when it was added after San Diego.It is the 2nd worst U2 song and is way OVERPLAYED! (BTW, the worst is Even Better than the Real Thing.) I think Edge likes it because of his wife. I could think of many other songs to play instead of that one. Ultraviolet, A Sort of Homecoming, Unforgettable Fire, Out of Control, Seconds, Two Hearts... just to name a few. Who would want to hear those songs when we can hear Mysterious Ways for 500th time?

Wow MusicalJourneyman you really have to hear how they have played it the last few shows. They are at the top of their game with this song.

UTEOTW would be a better option intead of Mysterious Ways...:wink:

If you want to dance, go see KC or some other crap disco band. U2 isn't about dance music. They are a rock'n'roll band!

MusicalJourneyman said:
If you want to dance, go see KC or some other crap disco band. U2 isn't about dance music. They are a rock'n'roll band!

The inanity of saying that one doesn't dance to rock and roll is just fucking stupid.

You apparently don't listen to much rock and roll. :rolleyes:

PS Kite isn't a rock and roll song. It's a lighter-waving song.

First off, I don't wave lighters, especially at a U2 show. They aren't Poison. If you can't see the beauty of Kite than you are missing what U2 is about. Replies laced with obscenities don't make an argument stronger. They just show that you aren't eloquent enough to state your case.

MusicalJourneyman said:
First off, I don't wave lighters, especially at a U2 show. They aren't Poison. If you can't see the beauty of Kite than you are missing what U2 is about. Replies laced with obscenities don't make an argument stronger. They just show that you aren't eloquent enough to state your case.

Oh shit. I'm going to have to toss out all my U2 records because I don't like one poorly executed U2 song.

Bono and I have a problem with ineloquence. Damn.

Miroslava said:
Sacrilege! :mad:

And to top it all off, wrong forum...

Moving ;) :wave:
I think there should be a separate forum entitled "Sacrilege." This thread would fit well with it.

:dance: <- To Mysterious Ways

journeyman, we will never see heartland, I don't think
that song is unreal, with those lyrics and that haunting sound...

but it's buried along with hawkmoon, actually have they ever played either of those?

the only thing I can think of is U2 brought out Mysterious for their female fans, actually my buddy is a musician and he suggested this (makes sense)

you're right on target though kid, where is bad or sort of homecoming kite walk on anything off achtung except mysterious and fly and zoo... walk on is like brilliant got to be the best song off leave behind...

I've been to 4 of the 6 hshows already... would have died to hear something off unforgettable.... besides ah the obligatory Pride

where are u from in MA, I'm from Falmouth class of '89...

It's all preference I guess, to me their catalog is so strong I can't see them ever needing to use Mysterious Ways... its just one of their more commercial tunes, it grabs you right away and then burns out....

at least that what is was like for me, although I'll give you this the girl Tiffany he brought out in Anaheim added a lot to the number, she had the like 6in. platform shoes with the vinyl catsuit...

how was that NOT staged is what I'm wondering?

I have Mysterious Ways in my top 5 all-time greatest U2 songs.
I think it's great that it's in there. Along with The Fly and Zoo Station, an Achtung-nut like me may even survive the absence of Until The End Of The World!

They've never played the song better than now, and no way is this song overplayed. It will never be overplayed in my opinion. If you're in love with Bad, then peace be with you, but at least respect some of us 90's fans. Of a 22-song set, they've played max. 4 90's songs. It feels like they play 80's only these days. So be happy damnit.

It was done very excellently on ZooTV, but Bono's voice suffered in Popmart. I haven't heard it yet from Vertigo.... But I'd rather hear Acrobat, Until The End Of The World, or Love Is Blindness over it.....

those would be 3 major improvements for sure, as far as acrobat goes though they have never played it live, could be a long wait for that 1...

MusicalJourneyman said:
If you can't see the beauty of Kite than you are missing what U2 is about.

Well then, if you can't see the beauty of MW then I guess you are missing what U2 is about..!:wink:

It could be. As Typhoon once stated, it would take amazing execution for the song to work. The rhythm section would have to be amazingly tight and Edge's guitar would have to be apocolyptically perfect otherwise it would fall on its face. Personally, Love Is Blindness is my favourite live Achtung song.

God part III, you mean to tell me you wouldn't want to hear God Part II instead of MW? I don't have a favorite U2 period, so
I don't have anything against the 90's stuff. I've been a fan since 83. Each era has it's good and bad. I'm just tired of hearing a few songs every tour and MW is the one I am most sick of.

MusicalJourneyman said:
God part III, you mean to tell me you wouldn't want to hear God Part II instead of MW? I don't have a favorite U2 period, so
I don't have anything against the 90's stuff. I've been a fan since 83. Each era has it's good and bad. I'm just tired of hearing a few songs every tour and MW is the one I am most sick of.

God Part II is a great song, but no way, Mysterious Ways is much better. The reason for my username is mostly that it tributes John Lennon. It all comes down to taste I guess, and I guess I wouldn't mind if Mysterious Ways was switched with Dirty Day, Ultraviolet or Until The End Of The World, some 90's song, all I'm saying is we have all these 80's people bashing The Fly, Zoo Station and whatever saying they'd rather want Bad and all that kinda crap. And I'm getting sick of it, because there are some people who'd rather hear Zoo Station than Bad. Like me. That's all.

GP III, I agree. Any of the three songs you mentioned would work for me. Although UTEOTW is one of my favorites, it has been played a lot. If they played 8 songs from the 80's, 8 from the 90's and 8 from this decade (what do we call it anyway, the 2000's?), it would work for me. I just wish they weren't the same ones every tour.
BTW, God Part II is probably in my top ten U2 songs.

Back
Top Bottom