My stab at the setlist for opening night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
ok my stab at what i think they will play first night:-

Vertigo
I will Follow
All Because of You
Electrical Storm
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you Can't make it
New Years Day
Pride
Still Hav'nt Found
kite

Stuck in a Moment (acoustic)
Staring at the Sun (acoustic)

City of Blinding Lights
Bad / One step closer
Where the Streets Have no Name
Even Better Than the Real Thing
With or Without You
Beautiful Day

Elevation
Orginal of the Species
One
Yahweh

I feel this would be a great setlist and a realistic one i am almost 100% sure they will open with Vertigo and finish with Yahweh and the city of blinding lights / bad / streets combo would just bring the house down!

it's a killer setlist, but i think you may have too many songs. also, i find it hard to believe they'll play electrical storm. but hell, i hope i'm wrong because i love that song.

good list!

I wouldn't mind seeing that.........great all the way through with a nice mix of every era.

I for one am a believer that they will definatly throw Electrical Storm in for a few dates along with The Hands That Built America...but overall that setlist looks quite realistic to what I expect will be played.

I am hoping for a song like Exit to appear but I wont hope to hard for it!

Agreed; good setlist, but too long.

The only ATYCLB song we will hear in regular rotation this tour will be Beautiful Day. No Elevation. No Walk On. No Stuck. No Kite.

Zoocoustic said:
Agreed; good setlist, but too long.

The only ATYCLB song we will hear in regular rotation this tour will be Beautiful Day. No Elevation. No Walk On. No Stuck. No Kite.

I hope "Walk On" gets played too. I'll admit that I am suffering from ATYCLB burnout, but I want to hear those two songs; they feel like classics already, as much as New Year's Day or Streets.

my only problem is that UTEOTW isn't on there. It will be played almost nightly gauranteed and it will be followed by NYD. It has the last three tours, I dont think their going to stop nows. The way the two songs blend together is incredible. Like the rest though :up:

Its a good set list ... the only thing that jumps out at me is having Pride in the middle ... its almost always used to close the main set or played at the end of a show

njelevation06 said:
Its a good set list ... the only thing that jumps out at me is having Pride in the middle ... its almost always used to close the main set or played at the end of a show

Don't forget Popmart, it was like the 5th song.

lemon_vr6 said:

Don't forget Popmart, it was like the 5th song.

That's what I was just about to say. It initially started out fifth before ultimately settling around the eighth position.

History of Pride:

Unforgettable Fire Tour: Closed main set.
Joshua Tree Tour: Closed main set except for a few occasions when it followed Stand By Me at the start.
Lovetown: Generally closed main set, though it also appeared in other positions, including the closing spot for two shows.
ZooTV: Closed the main set or was followed by ISHFWILF --> Stand By Me at the end of the main set.
Popmart: See above.
Elevation: When used, it either closed the main set or appeared in the middle of the encore.

Bad --> October --> New Year's Day --> Pride was a staple at the end of U2's setlists for approximately five years.

By the way, just to add to my last post, there were a few rare Elevation gigs where Pride appeared quite early in the setlist - including second at the fourth Boston show.

Why do people keep leaving Crumbs out of their setlist predictions? C'mon, you just know that Bono can't wait to sing 'Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die' in a packed arena. This is the song that best describes his feelings about debt relief. He is going to sing it on tour.

I definitely think it will be close to Zoo TV with 10 of the 12 new songs being played

Fast Cars included perhaps...

Pattern says Fast Cars will be played. Holy Joe, the Pop bonus track in Japan, was played once. The Ground Beneath Her Feet, the ATYCLB bonus track in the UK, Australia, and Japan, was played before and during Elevation.

However, I do not believe this song has a chance of being played. If the band do pull it out, I will be pleasantly surprised.

The show begins with Mercy and we all piss our pants!!! :wink:

I think Pride has become tired. So I can see them leaving that out. Replace it with MLK....short and could be a great intro into something else.

Until the End of the World is a priority. It's a real highlight of their live show.

Out of Control instead of I Will Follow.

I think Walk On will be there. It's been mentioned by the band as being a favorite from the last album.

I don't think they'll play Kite. Love the song but how many tributes can you have to Bob Hewson? This time around it will be Sometimes...

I'd love them to bring back Party Girl...

Westport said:
I think Pride has become tired. So I can see them leaving that out.

Amen.

Pride has been, well, PAINFUL the past several tours. I mean, they've slowed it down to what feels like half the tempo of the JT days, and Bono can't hit those notes any longer.

It's a classic U2 song and will always be, but it doesn't translate well live any longer.

It, of all the "U2 classics" needs to be dropped from the setlist.

Back
Top Bottom