My Setlist - Why Does Everybody NEED to end with Yahweh??!!??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRat

The Fly
0. [Intro]
1. Love And Peace Or Else
2. Vertigo
3. All Because Of You
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. Gone
7. Crumbs From Your Table
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Kite
--[Acoustic Set]
10. Desire
11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
12. Running To Stand Still
13. Stay (Faraway! So Close!)
--[Back To Main Set]
14. Wake Up Dead Man (Snippet)/Bad
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Mysterious Ways
17. City Of Blinding Lights
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
--[Encore 1]
19. Beautiful Day
20. Bullet The Blue Sky
21. The Fly
22. All I Want Is You
--[Encore 2]
23. With Or Without You
24. One
25. Original Of The Species

I'd be very happy with that one.

I think U2 will transcend Yahweh into a more powerful song live, much like they did with Walk On at the end of the Elevation gigs. I don't know why, I just hear it going into "40" nicely, wouldn't that be sweet. As much as I like Original of the Species, I don't think it would be a show closer, just doesn't have much finality to it.

TheRat said:
Me too. It's a terrible song.

I think so as well. It sounds like it's trying to have energy but lacks the push. Maybe U2 should listen to their song Zoo Station again and get ready for the push. :wink:

Wow, has this turned into the Bash Yahweh forum?

It's Gloria and 40 for the 21st century and if you can't recognise that, I feel sorry for you.

I think Yahweh is a great song, and will most likely end the shows triumphantly, much like Walk On did. They will most likely fit the song with an extened ending like they did the Hallelujah's with Walk On.

Everyone has a different opinion on what the best track is from the new album, but the one that stands out to me as the most powerful - including have THE very best creshendo of any track, is Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. I would expect it late and with Kite in the setlist. Same theme. I would like to see the Unforgettable Fire back to back with City of Blinding Lights as well.

Axver said:
It's Gloria and 40 for the 21st century and if you can't recognise that, I feel sorry for you.

If you can't see past your ignorance, the I, in turn, feel sorry for you.

Come on, they could end the shows with far more of a bang.

TheRat said:
I've yet to see a comment on the actual setlist.

Glad you didn't end it with Yahweh. I may totally disagree with your opinion on the song itself, but I don't think it will be the closer. Ending a concert with the line "take this heart and make it break" doesn't seem like something U2 would do.

One/Yahweh/40. That SHOULD be the final encore.

I like the setlist - especially since it's long! As far as the Yahweh controversy, hey, to each his own. I just wonder if the negativity towards Yahweh lies more within the spiritual aspect of the lyrics, or just not digging the music overall. Just curious...

Yahweh grows on you. I didn't like it at all when I first heard it. Now I really appreciate it. I think The Fly would be a great way to close the show, but I don't ever see that happening. Put Yahweh in to close the first set.

i'd be really gutted if they closed the show with Yahweh. i don't like it at all. there are SO many better songs in U2's superb repetoire than this. I'd love it if they played The Unforgettable Fire again on this tour, one of my fav songs ever.

TheRat said:
Come on, they could end the shows with far more of a bang.
And when exactly is the last time U2 regularly ended their shows with a bang? For a couple of decades now they have been ending most of their shows with a slower song: Walk On, 40, Can't Help Falling In Love, One, Wake Up Dead Man. Walk On is the most up-tempo of those songs but it can hardly be called ending with a bang. There's no reason to believe that U2 will change now and start closing with something more rocking. Yahweh is not a favorite of mine but I do think it's the most likely closing song.

I would like Yahweh a whole lot more if Bono didnt repeat it a thousand times during the song. I sort of feel the same way about ABOY.

Oh yeah, I love your setlist by the way. I would like to see them open with a song other than Vertigo. Only I can see them playing a couple less songs eash show and would rather see All I Want Is You transition into STREETS! Slane gives me goosebumps everytime I watch that transition!

Zootomic said:

And when exactly is the last time U2 regularly ended their shows with a bang? For a couple of decades now they have been ending most of their shows with a slower song: Walk On, 40, Can't Help Falling In Love, One, Wake Up Dead Man. Walk On is the most up-tempo of those songs but it can hardly be called ending with a bang. There's no reason to believe that U2 will change now and start closing with something more rocking. Yahweh is not a favorite of mine but I do think it's the most likely closing song.

My comment stemmed from someone else's thoughts that they ending the shows with Yahweh would end with a 'Bang'.

I however, think differently.

By the way, your last two sentences completely contradict themselves. Yahweh is a pretty rocking song.

Have to post to stick up for "Yahweh" .

Great song. .. . "this love is like a drop in the ocean........."

TheRat said:

By the way, your last two sentences completely contradict themselves. Yahweh is a pretty rocking song.
It's up-tempo but I don't think of it as rocking.

I think they will end on Yahweh, but for me it's an obvious choice and a bland song.

They'd be following the footprint of the Elevation Tour if they close with Yahweh. Why not close with a rocker, they haven't done that in a while, leave people wanting more.

Back
Top Bottom