My Setlist - Why Does Everybody NEED to end with Yahweh??!!??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Revised:

0. [Intro]
1. Love And Peace Or Else
2. Vertigo
3. All Because Of You
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. Gone
7. Crumbs From Your Table
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
--[Acoustic Set]
10. Desire
11. Summer Rain
12. Running To Stand Still
13. Stay (Faraway! So Close!)
--[Back To Main Set]
14. Wake Up Dead Man (Snippet)/Bad
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Mysterious Ways
17. City Of Blinding Lights
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
--[Encore 1]
19. Beautiful Day
20. Bullet The Blue Sky
21. The Fly
22. All I Want Is You
--[Encore 2]
23. With Or Without You
24. One
25. Original Of The Species
26. 40

Ha ha...Summer Rain...that's funny.

No way in hell.

Too many great songs that need to be played before resorting to b-side fluff like that, even if it's tailor-made for a tip-of-the-egg acoustic set.

laz

If they play Desire acoustically again, I think i'm going to lob a water balloon at Edge's acoustic guitar.

knox said:
If they play Desire acoustically again, I think i'm going to lob a water balloon at Edge's acoustic guitar.

Agree...They have to play this one full band!

yahweh would be a disapointing end to a great concert. how about ending it where it all began with "out of control". its a jump up and down song and really would send the crowd into a frenzy.

changed it up a tiny bit.

a little bit of wishful thinking here but i think it would be cool.

0. [Intro]
2. Vertigo
3. All Because Of You
5. New Year's Day
6. Gone
7. Crumbs From Your Table
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
--[Acoustic Set]
10. Summer Rain
11. Stay (Faraway! So Close!)
12. Running To Stand Still
13. The Unforgettable Fire (think about it, edge on piano, bono on acoustic. it would bring it into a new dimension)
--[Back To Main Set]
14. Wake Up Dead Man (Snippet)/Bad
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Mysterious Ways
17. City Of Blinding Lights
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
--[Encore 1]
19. Beautiful Day
20. Bullet The Blue Sky
21. The Fly
22. All I Want Is You
--[Encore 2]
23. With Or Without You
24. One
25. Original Of The Species
26. 40

Last edited:
Yahweh won't be played. It ends the album. Look at the albums and name every song that was played in full during the following tour on a regular basis. I can name three: Forty, All I Want Is You and Love Is Blindness. Two more were played in a shortened form: MLK and Wake Up Dead Man. All the others were saved for rare occasions, snippets, or nothing at all. Yahweh's just another target on the firing range.

liamcool said:
Yahweh won't be played. It ends the album. Look at the albums and name every song that was played in full during the following tour on a regular basis. I can name three: Forty, All I Want Is You and Love Is Blindness. Two more were played in a shortened form: MLK and Wake Up Dead Man. All the others were saved for rare occasions, snippets, or nothing at all. Yahweh's just another target on the firing range.

maybe not, but Adam has been quoted as saying he is really looking forward to playing Yahweh live- so odds are it will be played.

liamcool said:

MLK was played in full. A lot. It even made the Popmart Tour.

Shadows And Tall Trees was a pre-Boy Tour regular, I'm sure of it. We just only have five known setlists from before the commencement of the Boy Tour in September 1980. My assumption it was a regular comes from the fact a demo was recorded in 1978 but unlike every other song we know from then, it lasted long enough to make Boy.

Is That All? was played musically for years as its guitar is the same as The Cry.

Adam has said they will play Yahweh.

Yeah, I have no doubt they will play Yahweh. I think it'll be different though.

knox said:

Sounds like a good plan!

I can imagine it. But I don't think it'd be nearly as good. Not even half.

I guess it might be like trying to play Streets acoustic. Imagine Streets without any overdubs and just acoustic guitar (no delay), bass, and drums.

Updated:

0. [Intro]
2. Vertigo
3. All Because Of You
5. New Year's Day
6. Crumbs From Your Table
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
--[Acoustic Set]
9. Summer Rain
10. Stay (Faraway! So Close!)
11. Running To Stand Still
12. The Unforgettable Fire (think about it, edge on piano, bono on acoustic. it would bring it into a new dimension)
--[Back To Main Set]
13. Wake Up Dead Man (Snippet)/Bad
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. Mysterious Ways
16. City Of Blinding Lights
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
--[Encore 1]
18. Beautiful Day
19. Bullet The Blue Sky
20. The Fly
21. All I Want Is You
--[Encore 2]