my setlist guys - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 10:18 AM
I think if they play Mofo (which they should IMO), it would be great as an encore song. Love and Peace or Else would make an excellent opening song. But, both of those songs would rock live on this tour. I think U2 will come to town to rock out.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #17
Babyface

you could be right.for every other night yes sure,i think love and peace is a good opener.you know,it´s just an observation but here in europe there is this wish to see a more rock orientated setlist.and by going through all the posts on this thread,i come to the conclusion that in the us there is also kinda the same feeling.
i guess the majority of the fans and not just the longtimefans are wanting u2 to vary the setlist a lot,make this tour a sonic experience i say.definitely not churn out the classics.i´d be there at the shows but i would personally feel disappointed.i wish they come out rocking every night and surprise us with things like stories for boys and mofo and running to stand still...(...)

oh i dream they will play when i look at the world this time around.don´t you find that some songs kinda seem to fit in perfectly now?? like the ones i just mentioned?

exit keeps coming to mind too...desire full tilt!!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #18
War Child

Exit, Desire (full-tilt as you say), Mofo, The Fly, Staring at the Sun (full band) would blow everyone away and definitely take us to a sonical place we've never been before. It would be a differently exciting U2 concert experience. I'll be there whatever they play but I definitely agree with your suggestions.

Can you imagine 'When I Look At the World' being played?? How awesome would that be????? I think that song would translate well live and may even be completely different than the ATYCLB version. There seems to be many layers to that song. We may get our wish....I hope so.

I think the boys have a few surprises up their sleeves....they can play anything they want now at this point in their career.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 PM   #19
Babyface

you make an excellent remark.
as bono said a few times already,u2 have come a long way and they feel the pressure now comes not in terms of deadlines or will we make it this time....() it now comes in the shape of joy knowing they are at the top of their game and knowing exactly where to go.

and i agree with you on another matter.i noticed this a few days ago whilst watching online some of the performance of u2 in some bbc studio() bono is singing in a way that almost creeps me out.he´s singing....you know...it´s not just passion,it´s not just anger,it´s something other,it´s like he spent the last two records journeying through melodic landscapes and verse structures.and now he is letting it all out in this massive outburst.it´s mind blowing!! remember he is 45! this to say that songs like wilatw or the unf. fire,or gloria (this one i make no reservations...he might just surprise everyone by singing this one).

i must share with you,deep down i am a fan who kinda still waits for that dirtier record.maybe they had to put out htdaab before coming with a denser album.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:18 AM
I have to disagree with WILATW. Very nice song, but if it made the setlist and something else such as Exit, Gloria, Desire (Full band), or Mofo did not, I think that would be an injustice. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #21
Babyface

i was just thinking that there are some songs i haven´t mentioned before which i think would be interesting.to hear them play, wire or acrobat or gloria and for that matter exit.these are songs that sure would blow me away!
and then there are songs that may not be in their heads.zoo station,god part 2,staring at the sun(full band-electric)

vertigo
i will follow
all because ...
beautiful day
sometimes you...
exit
wire
the fly
electrical storm
original of the species
miracle drug
until the end...