my idea of a nice setlist for the new tour*opinions welcome*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
This is my idea of a nice set thinking about how the elevation setlists were done. And a few of the tracks are wishful thinking :)

01.INTRO
02.NEW SONG*Depending on how it sounds maybe Full Metal Jacket?
03.The Fly*It works so well as a second song!*or could possably revolve it with Elevation?
04.I Will Follow or Out Of Control
05.New Year's day
06.NEW SONG
07.Until the end of the world or Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
08.Mysterious Ways
09.Sunday Bloody Sunday
10.MLK/WTSHNN or Unforgettable Fire
11.Pride(In the name of love)
12.Break
13.Bad
14.Bullet The Blue Sky
15.Running To A Stand Still
16.Gloria
17.One
18.NEW SONG poss?
19.40 alternated with Walk On

nice list, but you can pretty much guarentee more new songs.
i remember for Zoo TV, indoor version, they played 10 songs from AB (everything except for So Cruel and Acrobat)

Sorry, but absolutely not.

It's way too short, for starters. Not nearly enough new songs. I'm certain WGRYWH will never come back in full form, and Gloria's extremely unlikely. Mysterious Ways/Sunday Bloody Sunday just does not work at all.

That's my analysis. Sorry I couldn't be more complimentary - I design setlists a lot and I'd hate to have one I did torn apart.

Last edited:
Lady with the spinning head should be played, stateless, the fly(I think edge is wrong), unforgettable fire. As for the rest of the setlist I would prefer to wait for the new album. But the above would be amazing to hear.

:larry:

hitman71 said:
But the above would be amazing to hear.

Absolutely. The Fly is possible, The Unforgettable Fire a faint maybe, and Spinning Head and Stateless have a snowball's chance in hell of even being CONSIDERED.

Sometimes its fun to fantasize that they'd pull out total rarities - Wild Irish Rose, for example. Barring that (of course), I can't say it wouldn't be the worst idea to replace Bad with A Sort of Homecoming, or, to be really radical, something like Pride with Wire... The possibilities are, of course, unlikely at best, but, well, lose your dreams and you'll lose your mind, as they say...

That's the other thing. I'd love to see them go all the way through Sympathy for the Devil. Just a personal fantasy.

About your list... mm, I'd move Streets more towards the end. Just a thought. Other than that, no real complaints. (Except, well, more. There's always room for more in fantasized set lists!) And probably end it with a new ballad, rather than Walk On/40.

Ok, here it goes:
1. New song - Up tempto
2. New song - Up tempo
3. Until the end of the world
4. Even better than the real thing
5. New song - Slow
6. One/snippet of a cover
7. SBS
8. I will follow
9. Gone
10. New song - slow accoustic
11. Desire - accoustic
12. Staring at the sun - accoustic
13. New year's day
14. Bullet the blue sky
15. New Song - mid tempo
16. Pride
17. Where the streets have no name

break

18. New song
19. acrobat - lol
20. With or without you
21. New song balad

Axver, what do you think of this one? perhaps?:wink:

Numb1075 said:
Axver, what do you think of this one? perhaps?:wink:

I think you're getting closer, though I would make some modifications. To save pulling it apart, I'll just redo it here;

1. New song - up tempo
2. New song - up tempo
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
4. Bad
5. New song - slow
6. One/snippet
7. Until The End Of The World
8. I Will Follow
9. Gone
10. New song - slow, Bono talks beforehand OR Kite
11. Desire - acoustic
12. Staring At The Sun OR Stay - acoustic
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. New Year's Day
15. New song - mid tempo, capable of flowing into Streets
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. Pride OR ISHFWILF

18. New song - powerful opening
19. Rarity (?)
20. With Or Without You
21. New song - ballad
22. 40

How do you feel about my alterations? I personally do not feel EBTTRT is likely at all, so that's why I excluded it, and I feel 40 may be coming back. That's just a feeling. And I think a rarity is better suited to the middle of the main set, so perhaps swap I Will Follow with it.

I think they should skip ?One? and ?With Or Without You? this time....Otherwise it would be to much a greatest hits tour.
?Streets? may stay, cause that?s always the highlight!

1. new song
2. new song
3. Beautiful Day
4. Until the End Of The World
5. Hold Me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me
6. new song
7. new song
8. Beat on The Brat (or other punk cover)
9. Desire
10. Stay
11. new song
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Please
14. Wake Up Dead Man
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. new song
17. Gone
18. Walk On

encore

19. Out of Control
20. I Will Follow
21. Streets
22. 40

phommel said:
I think they should skip ?One? and ?With Or Without You? this time....Otherwise it would be to much a greatest hits tour.
?Streets? may stay, cause that?s always the highlight!

I would like to see WOWY cut too, and considering it wasn't played at all Elevation concerts, I think it may come in on rotation. I'm hoping that WOWY, ISHFWILF and Pride are rotated instead of all being played. One, however, tends to be an emotional highlight and I don't think it's ever been skipped at a full tour concert since its debut. U2 will never play a concert without Streets in the setlist. They have said it will transform even the worst gig.

If you don't mind, I'd like to go through some of your setlist.

3. Beautiful Day
4. Until the End Of The World
5. Hold Me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me

While this is reasonable flow-wise, I am not sure HMTMKMKM is a realistic selection. However, maybe Edge's role in the new Batman theme will mean that it will make a comeback. We can only hope.

8. Beat on The Brat (or other punk cover)

Personally, I see this as highly unlikely. I can imagine one night they might whip out Beat On The Brat randomly (perhaps instead of I Will Follow), but that's more wishful thinking on my behalf than anything. I also don't think it would flow into Desire unless it's electric, but an electric Desire wouldn't flow properly into Stay.

12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Please
14. Wake Up Dead Man
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday

I love that.

19. Out of Control
20. I Will Follow
21. Streets
22. 40

I would suggest an alternate order;

19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. I Will Follow