MOTD - For a rotated closer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnoBsiDog

The Fly
Am I the only one who would like to see Mothers of the Disappeared as a rotated closer with 40? It is such a great song - with a little reggae soul it might fit Bono's whole Africa theme?

MOTD was more of central and south America about the death squads. AIDS is the main issue now.

I'd love to see MOTD - though I wouldn't want it to replace 40 - but I doubt U2 will play it except in South America. They played it sparingly on the JT Tour and it didn't reappear until the four shows in 1998 in Argentina and Chile.

Can we not use the abbreviation for Mothers please.

I thought this thread was suggesting to use the 'Match of the Day' theme music to close the gigs!

Damn the BBC for putting MOTD everywhere!!!:madspit:

:wink:

I like the song... but I hated that part of bringing those left-wingers "Mothers of Plaza de Mayo" onstage at Popmart in Buenos Aires. Especially their head, Hebe de Bonafini, who said that "the Pope should rot in hell" and that she was happy after the September 11th attacks.

That ending was one of Bono's worst mistakes in his career. He should have better researched the true spirit of the organization before bringing them up onstage.

Aardvark747 said:
Can we not use the abbreviation for Mothers please.

I thought this thread was suggesting to use the 'Match of the Day' theme music to close the gigs!

Damn the BBC for putting MOTD everywhere!!!:madspit:

:wink:

So did I!!!!

hahhahahahahah

It would be great to hear all the fans humming the tune as they were filing out though!

da da da daaa da da da da da
da daaaaa da da da daa

(All non-UK fans are going WHAAAAAAAAAAT?)

Back
Top Bottom