Missing Tunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laxpol

Babyface
I think they're really dropping the ball.

Where the hell are: In a Little While, Kite, I Will Follow, Bad, Crumbs From Your Table, Walk On and All I Want is You?!?

New Years Day???
Yahweh???
Bullet the Blue Sky???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

In A Little While, besides being a bad song, was cut halfway through Elevation because it simply didn't work.

Remember, U2 have a HUGE back catalogue to choose songs from and it's impossible for them to fit everything into a 2 hour show. They have a major task there. New Year's Day was their breakthrough hit back in 1983 and they like playing it - plus the crowd love it. Bullet is always a hard politically rocking centrepiece of the show. And Yahweh's a new tune they appear to love, so of course they're going to play it.

But before you start whining, wait for the tour to develop. Reports say the set will stay relatively static for the next few shows while they get used to it, and then they will start experimenting and adding/changing songs. I hope that proves true. Variable setlists would be quite exciting.

dude, IALW wasn't even close to being a single off ATYCLB, and was played like 1 out of ever 2 or 3 shows on ELEVATION. do you seriously expect it to be played at all?

As for the others, I agree...but I think they'll show up. I hope IWF becomes a staple though, I never get sick of that.

I wouldn't mind hearing New Year's Day....

I'm not going to any shows, but that is a long time fave of mine, so if I did go and they played it, I'd be OK with it.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Wow, two whole shows into the tour and the complaints begin....:rolleyes:

LOL! Actually I think the complaints started on Monday right after the first show... No matter what U2 do, people will always find something to whine about.

Personally, I'm irate that they haven't played "Red Light" yet... C'mon, they play all these other War songs, but no Red Light!? Are you kidding me!?

:wink:

Nerfherder said:

LOL! Actually I think the complaints started on Monday right after the first show... No matter what U2 do, people will always find something to whine about.

Actually, the complaints began before U2 had played a single note ...

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Wow, two whole shows into the tour and the complaints begin....:rolleyes:

Yes, I think we covered just about anything - the stage setup, the setlists, band playing, Bono singing and being political/Africa activist, GA lottery system.

Everything sucks since day 1.

Last edited:
Axver said:
In A Little While, besides being a bad song, was cut halfway through Elevation because it simply didn't work.

Worked on the Boston DVD.....and it's a FANTASTIC song.

Length of Show(s)

Axver said:
Remember, U2 have a HUGE back catalogue to choose songs from and it's impossible for them to fit everything into a 2 hour show. They have a major task there.

Variable setlists would be quite exciting. [/B]

***FYI***
I am NOT looking to troll, flame, or incite anything with all the fans, but.............

As Axver, and others, have stated thy Lads do have quite the catalogue to quote from. that said, it seems to me that all the carping about the Set List(s) might be better focused on the overall length of the show??!!?

2 measly hours (1:30 when you back out chatter, breaks/applause,etc....) Granted, being 47 and a hearing-impaired veteran of 280+/- concerts (incl. U2 5 times in arenas...no stadiums for me...) the past 30+ years including most, if not all, of the biggest acts may have jaded me slightly but I expect the Elite, Mega-SuperStar bands (as opposed to the "regular" superstars) to play at least 2:35 and/or 28-30+ songs for what tickets cost these days (and the incredible hassles involved with acquiring them anymore)

Hopefully, the show(s) will become longer and render the set list discussions a moot point.

People complain way too fucking much. Every time I come on interference there is at least one thread about some guy complaining about why his/her favorite songs weren't played. BIG DEAL! U2 can't satisfy everyone!

The set sucks.

No Kite, Gone, Zooropa, Acrobat, Crumbs from Your Table, OOTS, Like A Song, Stay, Lemon, Ground Beneath Her Feet, In God's Country, Spanish Eyes, Bad, Wire, God Part 2, In A Little While, Stuck In A Moment, Dirty Day, Big Girls Are Best, Do You Feel Loved, Staring At The Sun, Playboy Mansion, Out Of Control, I Still Havent Found, Exit, Last Nite On Earth, Ultraviolet, So Cruel, UTEOTW, EBTTRT, Desire, Hawkmoon, All I Want Is You, Shadow And Tall Trees, With A Shout, Scarlet, I Throw A Brick, Stories For Boys, Fire, Boy/Girl, Another Day, WUDM, Twilight, Mofo, So Cruel, Love Is Blindness, Sort Of Homecoming, New York, Promenade, Babyface, A Celebration, Two Hearts Beat As One, 11 O'Clock, I Will Follow, Red Hill Mining Town, Slow Dancing.

When will they learn to play a 14 hr show of all my favorite songs?

I can't believe they didn't play Viva Davidoff, I think I'm gonna have to burn my whole U2 collection now...

MrBrau1 said:
The set sucks.

When will they learn to play a 14 hr show of all my favorite songs?

LMAO.. I would take God Part II over Bullet ANY DAY!!!!

folks, i think it's time to bring it out again:

OMFG!!!111 I HAIT DA TOOR CUZ DA 1ST TOO SHOWS DIDN'T HAV DAT 1 SONG I LIKE!!!!!!11111

Iskra said:
In a Little While both on record and live is an amazing song.
If you don't like it- FOAD.

If it weren't for the "man takes a rocketship" verse, I'd hate In A Little While. The singing is truly cringeworthy and it was even worse live.

If you do like it ... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom