Miracle Drug dropped--BAD MOVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bodnex said:

In fact, this has probably been one of the best U2 tours for variation yet. AFAIK (though I'm no authority on this), Elevation was static, Popmart was static (barring Edge's kareoke), and Zoo TV was static, though still awesome! :D By comparison, the Vertigo tour has been very switched around, excluding a static European tour (except Dublin III of course). Songs like 40, ACD/ITH, Gloria, The First Time, Zoo Station have all come back after lengthy absences. The encores actually change regularly now. Bad is in rotation (which absolutely sucks for people who miss it, but is amazing for the song).

Good post! and add to that list WGRYWH, Electric Co and RTSS for just 3 more 'oldies' that we thought we'd never (or VERY rarely) see/hear again!

I just hope it isn't their last!

theblazer said:
But people have to piss at somepoint.

You have the whole Bono speech before Miracle Drug actually starts...then again before One....
Heck..soon all be saying "Sweet!, I just got 2 GA's to see Bono Talk"

I'm sad that the song they choose to cut is my favorite track on the new album... I've seen it already, so I'm excited to see new stuff, but I've seen Original as well... so I just feel bad for the people that might not get to hear that great song live.

frozenmuze04 said:
The band seems very unsure of itself these days.

I would say the opposite is true. In fact, this band is SO SURE of itself that they feel confident swapping out songs night after night (including a tour staple in MD) and dusting off "obscure" oldies from before many concertgoers were born, all the while drawing rave reviews from media and fans alike.

Right now, they are at the top of their game, and we're lucky they still care enough to put it all out there every night. Frankly, most other bands would just cash the checks and phone in the same set every show.

I want both Miracle Drug and OOTS! Drop Bullet, drop SBS -- give us something we haven't heard in a long time (Sort of Homecoming, Trip Through Your Wire, UF, anything we haven't heard on the last umpteen tours). I know this is unreasonable given the relevance that both songs have. Don't get me wrong, I still rock out when I hear them live but I wouldn't be upset if they fell off the set list and were replaced by something "new."

hibricc said:

I would say the opposite is true. In fact, this band is SO SURE of itself that they feel confident swapping out songs night after night (including a tour staple in MD) and dusting off "obscure" oldies from before many concertgoers were born, all the while drawing rave reviews from media and fans alike.

Right now, they are at the top of their game, and we're lucky they still care enough to put it all out there every night. Frankly, most other bands would just cash the checks and phone in the same set every show.

Fair enough, point taken. I can see that, too. I just think that seeing as much of a 'new' album live on the tour for that album kinda 'validates' the material, in a way. I think "Miracle Drug" is a great live song, and I'm surprised it got dropped because, like "One," it seemed to be a focal point in terms of Bono's "believe in the future" speeches. I think it's a real highlight this tour, but I think that OOTS is such a strong song that it deserves a spot as well.

I see no reason to not drop ONE of the older songs for the sake of a new song - to me, that's kinda the point of a live show. I love seeing "I Will Follow" or "Pride" and always have, but I also want the opportunity to see as much new material as I can to keep things fresh. It just seems like an odd swap to me.

well not at all, you know maybe they're trying to push Original as its single status, and maybe they feel its the right place in the setlist.....
Its great at least we have MD on DVD, both Chicago and Milan
The question should be Crumbs....i demand Crumbs From Your table on the setlist
its such a fantastic song :drool:

WOWY needs to go.

Actually, Pride and Bullet need to go as well.

I can't understand why they've rotated out some of their better tunes and kept dreck like Elevation in the show.

I enjoyed WOWY on this tour, it seems "fresh" to me.

Bullet needs to dissapear permanently on the tour, and rotate PRIDE out every couple shows.

Miracle Drug should be played, just for the lighting itself.

blueyedpoet said:
I've never understood why people love the UF? I can appreciate all the dynamics and sonic layers, but really if people piss during Miracle Drug, they sure as hell will piss during this song live.

I like the studio version of UF but live they never managed to really pull it off - not at the couple of shows I saw them play it anyway.

OOTS is far better than MD live (however, on the album i like MD more than OOTS)...for some reason, MD just doesn't do it for me live..its ok, but not great (as it should be)

rock888nwo said:
OOTS is far better than MD live (however, on the album i like MD more than OOTS)...for some reason, MD just doesn't do it for me live..its ok, but not great (as it should be)

good post, even though I like MD live, it is missing something and I love the album version a lot more.

OOTS is great live and much better than on the record.

Probably not the worst decision they've made, but I agree, OOTS just doesn't cut it compared to Miracle Drug.

OOTS will be a future single, therefore it makes sense to have it in the set on a regular basis.

The issue I have is that as the tour goes on, it seems like less material from the HTDAAB is being played, which somewhat defeats the purpose of this tour.

At Manchester 2, I had Streets, ISHFWILF, WOWY, RTSS, BTBS ie 5 songs from the Joshua Tree.

From Bomb I had: Vertigo, COBL, MD, SYCMIOYO, Yahweh, LAPOE ie 6 songs (7 if you count Vertigox2)

In my head, Bomb Material should easily outweight that from any other album.

Back
Top Bottom