Mexico II setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos, this is what they played last night ;) .. . still missing a few changes... but at least this is so much better than Mexico I. What do you think? :hmm:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Mysterious Ways
End of the World
New Year’s Day
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo

Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh

PROS:
1- Opening song: City of blinding Lights is so much better opening than Vertigo :bow:
2- No Vertigo twice :up:
3- Achtung Baby encore :drool:
4- More balanced and more exciting overall :heart:

CONS:
1- Yet no songs from Pop or Zooropa :sad:
2- It seems to be a rather short performance :ohmy:
3- No BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on this last night setlist, here goes a few awesome changes, enjoy

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Discotheque/ Staring At The Sun
Mysterious Ways
End of the World
New Year’s Day
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please

Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride in the Name of Love
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
The First Time
Vertigo x 2 :wink:

Screw that, I want City Of Blinding Lights X2!!!!

JK :wink:

Great setlist, I've been waiting very much on this tour for the Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day combo... it's classic.

I think the 2nd night might be POP encore... we can only hope. Bad will appear tonight.

Ponkine, a short performance?
23 songs (average 5 to 6 minutes), with many snippets...
2 hours and 10 minutes for sure, which is a lot for U2.

Read this next bit from Willie's diaries about the Monterrey setlist and the changes for Mexico City..

(quote) "I spent a couple of hours working on the show, devising a new set list which might be more suitable for this part of the world. Given the cold and the dark, I think the European show is too slow to get to the spectacular bits. When we were opening in daylight and there was more of a football crowd spirit we could get away with holding back, but here it seems wiser to go in all guns blazing.

Went up to Bono’s room and had an hour or two with just the two of us which was fantastically productive. It’s hard to get that kind of focussed time, but it pays off enormously. We’re going to try the “City of Blinding Lights” opening and focus on newer material. More spectacle, more upbeat, more rock and roll.(quote)

Mexico II prediction:

1. COBL
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Mofo
5. Discotheque
6. New Year's Day
7. ISHFWILF
8. Beautiful Day
9. Miracle Drug
10. SYCMIOYO
11. Love and Peace
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet the Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride
16. Streets
17. One
encore
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. With or Without You
encore
21. Original of the Species
22. Yahweh
23. Bad/Cielito Lindo

I seriously doubt they are doing Mofo and Discotheque. I havent heard a single report that they have worked on those during rehearsals this week which makes them extremely unlikely.

Before biting on the urge to put Mofo and Discotheque into the set (trying to will them in!), this is what I thought tonight might look like:

1. COBL
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co.
5. End of the World
6. New Year's Day
7. ISHFWILF
8. Beautiful Day
9. Original
10. Sometimes
11. Love and Peace
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride
16. Streets
17. One
encore
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. With or Without You
encore
21. FAST CARS
22. Yahweh
23. Bad

Just had a feeling that Fast Cars would make an appearance in Mexico or South America...a great fit.

Well, here's the set they played:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
3. Elevation
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Beautiful Day / Cielito Lindo (snippet)
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / El Rey (snippet)
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. With Or Without You
21. Fast Cars
22. Original Of The Species
23. 40

I knew they'd play Fast Cars in Mexico :rockon:

does anyone else seeing them play it in the South American dates as well?

ponkine said:
I really don´t want to hear it in Chile, really :shrug:

You complain about U2 playing too many hits, and then when they play a rarity, you don't want to hear it? :huh:

Make up your mind!

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
3. Elevation
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Beautiful Day / Cielito Lindo (snippet)
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / El Rey (snippet)
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. With Or Without You
21. Fast Cars
22. Original Of The Species
23. 40

They play this, or something like this in Adelaide, and I'm going to die a VERY, VERY happy U2 fan.

S.

Last edited:
me too im going to the sydney show and i hope they dont make many changes if any. The setlist looks great.

wtonis said:
Read this next bit from Willie's diaries about the Monterrey setlist and the changes for Mexico City..

(quote) "I spent a couple of hours working on the show, devising a new set list which might be more suitable for this part of the world. Given the cold and the dark, I think the European show is too slow to get to the spectacular bits. When we were opening in daylight and there was more of a football crowd spirit we could get away with holding back, but here it seems wiser to go in all guns blazing.

Went up to Bono’s room and had an hour or two with just the two of us which was fantastically productive. It’s hard to get that kind of focussed time, but it pays off enormously. We’re going to try the “City of Blinding Lights” opening and focus on newer material. More spectacle, more upbeat, more rock and roll.(quote)

:confused: I don't get it? On what planet do they live if they think the European show is too slow to get to the spectacular bits. On average it was: Vertigo=uptempo rocker, I will follow=uptempo rocker, The Electric Co. =uptempo rocker, Elevation=uptempo rocker, New Year's Day=uptempo rocker, Beautiful Day=uptempo rocker. That's six uptempo rockers in a row. If anything there was no breather.

But opening with COBL ain't bad.

Muad'zin said:

:confused: I don't get it? On what planet do they live if they think the European show is too slow to get to the spectacular bits. On average it was: Vertigo=uptempo rocker, I will follow=uptempo rocker, The Electric Co. =uptempo rocker, Elevation=uptempo rocker, New Year's Day=uptempo rocker, Beautiful Day=uptempo rocker. That's six uptempo rockers in a row. If anything there was no breather.

But opening with COBL ain't bad.

I think that by 'spectacular bits', Willie was referring to the lighting, not the songs.

I don't see why he couldn't make spectacular lighting for the songs you named, though. Electric Co. is PERFECT for awesome visuals. Sparks flying across the screen, that sort of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom