Mexican Setlist Rumors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I really don't think any of those reports were true..........sorry, folks. Here's one example.........Bono was outside to greet us fans and sign some autographs on Saturday.....

Fan: Any chance we'll see "A Celebration"?
Bono: (laughs) No, no. I don't think so.

So, anything you saw listed from the Mexican rehearsals should probably be taken with a grain of salt if you haven't already ("Lemon", "Ultraviolet" etc....)

That said, there was a rumor going around that "Acrobat" was soundchecked on the 10th.........not sure if anyone here can support this or not..........I actually thought I might see it that night because they had skipped Zoo Station, but it turned out that was because of "Original" making the set....

You might be right but Willie Williams said that they have indeed rehearsed Lemon, which was listed as rehearsed at the Mexican rehearsals so you never know. I don't know why they don't like A Celebration, I fucking love that song and it would be great if they played it! Too bad it seems like they never will. :(

I think if you hassle the band a lot , they will evenually play the song.
As Long as it doest contain the following characters : A,C,R,O,B,A,T.

so because Bono said that the band probably won't play "A Celebration", how does that mean that they won't play "Lemon" and "Ultraviolet"?

I'm not quite sure why so many want Lemon so bad anyway??? When it was done live on the Zoomerang tour it was weak, they were barely even playing it live, to much overdubbing. Also Bono can barely sing the thing live. I also fail to see how it fits into the current tour at all??

A Celebration was bullshit completely, they didnt even attempt to do it. I think the point is that take what was said about the Mexican rehearsals in general with a grain of salt. Who knows what was true and what was BS. The whole thing could have been BS. They may have just guessed a few songs that they actually did. They were bound to hit a few if they were guessing. Ultraviolet has never been confirmed. Although I think it would fit with this tour WAY better than Lemon would.

i'll agree that out of those three songs, Ultraviolet would be the most likely to show up this tour.

if you listen to "zoo station" from the 3/28 San Diego opener, Bono ad-libs the following verse: "i'm ready, ready for the ACROBAT"

dunno what that means, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good sign... :wink:

Acrobat was practiced on the 10th, eh?

Just a rumor, I suppose.

Still lookin forward to the Big Four in Chicago. I think that might be an important four shows as far as this tour is concerned...

bono also sang he is ready for the balls and the.....bat

maybe he is going to play baseball :hyper:

:wink:

Re: Re: Mexican Setlist Rumors

Aardvark747 said:

Fan: Any chance we'll see "A Celebration"?
Bono: (laughs) No, no. I don't think so.
:(

Last edited:
List of songs we all want to hear this tour:

Lemon
Crumbs From Your Table
A Celebration
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Unforgettable Fire
Electrical Storm

Re: Re: Mexican Setlist Rumors

Aardvark747 said:

...shortly after, Bono got into the car and said to Edge - "WTF is 'A Celebration'?? Edge replies - "No idea"!

:wink:

Aardvark - your posts always make me laugh. Well, the ones that are intended to be funny anyways.

As far as Acrobat - No. Way. In. Hell. It was never played during the tour promoting the album, and will never be played. Ever. Lemon has a better chance, but that won't happen. And Ultraviolet has a better chance than that, but that won't happen either.

As far as Pop songs, if we see any - Gone and/or Please. But I'm thinking they're gonna skip Zooropa through Pop on this tour. Which erks me a bit since Pop is my favorite album.

zoopop said:

Lemon
Crumbs From Your Table
A Celebration
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Unforgettable Fire
Electrical Storm

Um, no, I dont need to hear Lemon. Its YOUR list of must hears. I will get stoned for this also, but I think Acrobat is WAY overrated also and I could care less if they play it or not. It reaches mythical status simply because its the only song on Achtung Baby that wasnt performed live. Its actually one of my least favorite songs on that album. :shrug:

OK folks, the line to stone Blue Room starts here. $5 a throw, $20 for five. Free souvenir stone for every thrower. Fun for the whole family!

Bring it on!! :lol:

I know others feel the same way, they just dont have the guts to say it.

Think about it though, you want them to do it simply because they havent before. Acrobat would KILL any momentum the show has. I mid tempo number that 80% of the crowd would not know. Bad move. :shrug: The ONLY good part would be if Edge nailed the solo. Otherwise, YAWN.

I would also add that if they DID do it, I certainly wouldnt be bitching about it either. Variety is a good thing, I just dont want them to do variety for the sake of variety. The flow of the show is as important if not more so. I might even like the live version way more depending on how they did it. But I'm not hoping they play it like alot of you. I could think of 20 or 30 of their songs I would rather they do over it.

Last edited:
God Part III said:
Ultraviolet was reported from Vancouver!

Ultraviolet :drool:

No, it wasn't. Ultra Violet was never reported as being played in Vancouver.

The big problem with Acrobat... What if their live version sucks??
I mean it would be cool if they did it like it is on the Hansa tapes, but honestly I think if they try to copy the AB version, they will have a hard-time to get it even close. And then the magic is gone.
Same with Red Hill Mining Town and Heartland

A couple of questions:
Where did Willie Williams say Lemon has been rehearsed?
BigMacPhisto, where did you hear that Acrobat rumor?

If you really want to hear Acrobat live, start a band and learn to play it. Its not that difficult a song. U2 has tons of these obscure songs, they could build whole setlists of them. But they also have tons of classics the audience expects more and new songs to play. Something has to give.

the sad thing is, if these obscure songs were played, there'd be constant bitching about how the album versions are better.

zoopop said:

Lemon
Crumbs From Your Table
A Celebration
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Unforgettable Fire
Electrical Storm

Uhh, no. You can scatch Crumbs, Lemon, and A Celebration. Bring in Rejoice, Dirty Day, and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (full band).

In response to djerdap, the "Acrobat" rumor was being passed around the GA line before the second SJ show, which I was a part of. However, the first person I heard the rumor from happened to be the guy that does the Answer Guy column on @u2....:| Not sure what to think.

Back
Top Bottom