MERGED ----> Will they play "Window" live next week? + Where will WITS...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they will definitely play it live at some point. Whether or not it will be on this tour is the question. I don't think they'll forget this song on their next tour, even after their next album. I saw them perform "The Sweetest Thing" live in Portland early on the Elevation tour.

The way I see it, if WITS is going to be done on this leg, there are two points at which it will appear:

1. Sydney: three shows, setlist shuffling certainly makes it likely that they could introduce it as something new.
2. Auckland: first shows after the release of U2:18. "Hey, here's the new song off the compilation that's selling like hotcakes right now!"

If WITS does not appear by the end of Auckland II, I think it is safe to say that it will only have a slight chance of making the next tour and be highly likely to become U2's second single to never be performed live.

But I very much believe it will show up at some point between Sydney I and Auckland II. It's a current single, it's going to radio, people will hear it before going to the concert, U2 will know that, and they just recorded it so knowledge of how to play it will be fresh in their minds.

There are three shows in Tokyo as well. Window should be already familiar to the masses in December, so I think that would be the last chance to hear it.

Hard to say if it will be played. Unless they have rehearsed it in secret, they usually need quite a bit of practice before they are happy enough to play a new song live.

That being said, I think it could potentially be amazing live, and not as hard to play as some people seem to suggest here. I think Edge could easily do the piano during the verses and guitar during the chorus (a la NYD), he can play guitar to fill the space of an entire orchestra as we know already! I don't even think it would require that many backing tracks, they could still do a stripped down but still powerful version IMO.

I think it could be HUGE live. Electrical Storm would be boring live, that's probably why they've never played it...

*"One Tree Hill" was soundchecked three times. Also rehearsed, "Original Of The Species," John Lennon's gorgeous "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" and "Window in the Skies." None of these were played during the show.

Looks like we in New Zealand is in for a treat. Roll on the 24th. The wait is nearly over:dance: :rockon:

heres my New Zealand set list
i think it looks Awesome:)
im a regular set list guy with
my tribute band and this is
what id play in NZ

City Of Blinding Lights,
Vertigo,
Elevation,
I Will Follow,
New Year's Day,
Beautiful Day
One tree hill,