MERGED-->Tonight's show will U2 honor The Pope+Setlist changes for Pope?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trouser

Babyface
Tonight's show will U2 honor The Pope?

If the pope has pass away God Bless Him will U2 do something to honor his Life?

Do they change the setlist if something happens to the Pope??

I'm going to the show tonight in Anaheim and was wondering if they would change the setlist if, God rest his soul, something should happen with the Pope today. They went to Mount Temple, Bono has spent time with him and they certainly do have a good deal of faith and have spent time around the Catholic church.

I kind of thought it would be great if they opened the show with Yahweh...

40 will be dedicated to him. Hopefully they will pull out a song like Walk On too. I imagine Gloria rather than An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart will make the set too.

I'm sure if the Pope passes today, they will dedicate a song to him. Bono had met with him a few times, and I think they are all Catholic boys.

Hopefully it'll still be a high energy show and not to solemn. It was funny how most everyone said Monday's show was great, but after Wednesday, many said that was better.

I think if, God bless him, the honurable father does pass to the better place that U2 will definetly honour his passing.. but it is more likly (In my opinion) to happen in each show during the official catholic period of nine days morning. What form this might take i have no idea, but i do think that the Pope will recieve some form of tribute from U2.

Bono's more non-denominational Christian, since his Mom was protestant and his dad Catholic. He was raised in a protestant church, as I recall. And he tends to attend either one when he's on tour

I think Bono will say "This was the last song the pope listened to, and for me that is such an honor. He turned a song about a hangover....into a gospel song i think....in alittle while"
:wink:

They're not gonna do anything except maybe a little mention at the beginning of Miracle Drug or something like that.

'If God Will Send His Angels' - or would that be too trite?

If I was Catholic/Christian I know I would go to hell for this, but 'Wake Up Dead Man' would be interesting! :)

I don't think you would... Wake Up Dead Man is a plea for help fro Jesus, as well as a call to re-energize one's faith. It is actually sort-of appropriate... We need faith now more than ever...

Back
Top Bottom